LOL, that would've been the notorious Funkster. I caught hell for not being there through Facebook, he went down to catch Matt and me at ItsJeff's bench...but apparently we Keystone Copped around the island and he missed us.

Who ever heard of an electric chainsaw?! Heck, most times you need one the power is out.

I still cannot believe we missed that weather, the whole .......... my Livonia Friend was so freaked about split up and totally went around Wayne County. it was a good thing, as I was driving off the island I noticed one party had one of those inflatable bouncy rooms...that would've been toast.

A great time was had by all, as far as I could tell. I really treasure the interactions, it was absolutely great to finally meet Qweek [[whom I've crossed paths with on another on-line forum)...and English [[who has a great idea of a regular biking group around the island, and motivated me to freshen up the old Cannondale...I hadn't ridden since the LAST summer of >$4 gasoline, and the chain was actually seized and rusted...I thank the magicians at Slick50 for their spray lubricant)...the fun discussions with A100driver [[I'll be sending our Jake&Elwood pictures along at some point)...and finally, the high point of my day, meeting the grand storyteller and historian herself...Gazhekwe [[sorry I didn't spend enough quality time with you, darlin', people kept showing up and distracting me).

I'm so happy that Rhys was able to be here from halfway around the world...it is a testimony again of the power and reach of Lowell's forum that he was able to connect and have such a personal experience within the city we all love. What a cool cat, and a sound guy too!

MANY thanks once again to Kathleen and David for everything, you two are simply amazing. Maybe one day you'll figure out how to work the new technology, Kathleen, and post the incriminating photos. Only casualty was the softball, right?! I never even brought out those darn frisbees.

SO, let's start praying NOW for much better weather for when Ray1936 comes to town.

Cheers all, thanks for being...and for being so totally YOU. Nobody does it better.

Sincerely,
John