Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Its Jeff Bench

Django, I'm gonna have to get a raincheck for our Tues 5pm lumberjack session. I blew out my hamstring showing the neighborhood kids what a down-and-out pass patern was. I went down and almost passed out from the pain in the back of my leg.

Sorry man, can barely walk right now, the thought of hauling away tree limbs isn't happening.

NP. The tree isnt going anywhere. I was out there today with the dogs, sat on Itsjeffs bench and took a nap with my leg laid up on one branch and my head resting on another, it was quite comfortable. The dogs wore themselves out running around and I woke up with a little bit of energy.after the Crystal Palace hangover from last night..

Hope your ham gets better soon. Let me know when you want to tackle the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Tree fell. No damage as far as I can tell.
    Rot. The eventual curse of the mature willow tree. They can look perfectly healthy on the outside yet be degraded into spongecake on the inside. Strong winds eventually bring them down. You can't hardly even get any good firewood. They sure make a beautiful shoreline feature though.

SL, I believe Django was referring to the bench not being damaged, not the fallen tree.

Oh yeah, one word to the wise, never visit the smallest room in the house after you apply bengay to a sore hamstring.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline View Post
    Rot. The eventual curse of the mature willow tree. They can look perfectly healthy on the outside yet be degraded into spongecake on the inside. Strong winds eventually bring them down. You can't hardly even get any good firewood. They sure make a beautiful shoreline feature though.
    Willows have a 2nd curse.... sewer lines... most cities forbid their planting anywhere near them... I know because I have the 2nd worst sewer line tree... an 80 ft. Silver Maple planted between my sidewalk and the street. Last week it plugged up the main sewer for 1/2 a block on my street in SCS. The city had to come out and snake the main sewer line for 320 ft.

But the weeping willows are beautiful when planted along waterfront areas... going northbound along Lakeshore Dr. in Grosse Pte. Farms, there's a nice row of them along the waters edge on a peninnsula jutting into the lake. And as a child I remember the 9 Mile Jefferson Beach... where there was an entire canal lined with about 40 of those majestic trees.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2