Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
The sole purpose of a corporation is to make money for the shareholders,new bridge old bridge it will not matter,new bridge is built and not making money who is going to pay the debt?

At least at this point with a privately owned bridge if the tolls get out of line the Gov. can step in if it is a Gov bridge what are you going to do ?

The thing that kills the whole article for me anyways is the statement of :

Meanwhile, pro-NITC backers got some help this week from a just-released study by two Canadian economics professors who found that delays at the border crossing may add as much as $800 to the cost of each car or truck produced by U.S. and Canadian automotive plants.

So I guess if the new bridge gets built then the price of a new automobile will decrease by $800 ? Yea okay

The SUV was the cheapest to build with the highest profit margin thats why they were promoted so much,savings cost to build never gets passed down unless it is a Yugo, it is just added profit.

Canada is getting the funds somewhere,and those funds cost money somebody is going to want to get paid one way or another, it is kinda the question of who is lessor of two evils,we know where and how we stand right now.Anyway you look at it both bridges will be owned by private organizations, who picks up the tab on the new bridge if it goes bankrupt?
Finally, I've been waiting for two years for someone else to understand that this is not a good vs. evil situation. You have Maroun on one side trying to make as much money as possible and you have the Corradino Group, slickly hiding in plain sight behind a bunch of governmental agencies, on the other side trying to make as much money as possible. From 1998 until 2004 everyone was in agreement with the DIBC getting a second span until the Corradino Group start spreading cash around for the DRIC.