Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by HomerStreet View Post
    Ah, too bad we don't have the "To Go" Cup like New Orleans . . .
    Or as they say in Savannah: "Here's your "Traveller" sir." Then they give you the standard red/blue plastic cup...
    Last edited by Redleg81; April-23-11 at 07:16 PM.

DetroitPole Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    i agree and i neglected to ask how much the fine is...cheaper than hiring an attorney for sure. you would think someone that worked there would have mentioned that you couldn't go out with a drink but i guess he didn't think much of it being that other people were doing the same. he's not much of a bar type person. doesn't have time working midnights and school. oh well, live and learn.
    If this person is 23ish and goes to a bar they should be aware of the drinking laws on the books. The bartender is not in charge of educating this young man on the law.

Live and learn is right, after he pays the fine. You keep referring to what a good person he is. Well, most people are good people. Most people work hard, long hours, and don't have a ton of money either. None of us are special.

I recently got a citation from the Buildings, Safety and Engineering Department for something on the exterior of my house. I was hopping mad. I'm a good neighbor and my house is in great shape. I thought, what about the rest of the city and its problems? However, after I calmed down, I realized that I was, in fact, not in compliance. It will cost me some money to get it fixed and pay the inspection fee, and I am by no means made of money, but just because I think I'm a good neighbor does not make me above the law.

I'm glad DPD is enforcing quality of life issues like this. I had a girlfriend a while back who had to walk home late from work past bars in Detroit. The last thing I would have wanted her to walk past were a bunch of beer-wielding young men. Groups of drunk young men are a very scary thing. You may think your nephew is some perfect angel but not everyone knows that.

I got a bunch of speeding tickets when I was young and I really couldn't afford them. But I paid them, and now I never speed. When your nephew has to pay his fine I can almost guarantee he'll remember never to be a numbnuts again and carry a beer out of a bar. Those are the things they don't teach you in school.

Maof...which bar was it?

Do you think the Police have had troubles at this location before?

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Thames is right.
    I'm really suprised you feel that way. For a simple charge, like a traffic ticket, if you have a good driving record, you absolutely don't need to hire an attorney to go to court with you. What is he / she going to do for you that you can't do yourself - hold your hand? If you want to spend the money, then that's your business. If it's anything of any consequence, then yes of course, get a lawyer

Maybe with this open container thing, and the fact that the kid is in medical school, then maybe a lawyer would be a good thing..

Quote Originally Posted by 313rd View Post
    Maof...which bar was it?

Do you think the Police have had troubles at this location before?
    ya know, i can't remember the name but it was near comerica park

Something for him to consider before deciding to plead. He may want to see how it might affect his nursing license. Most of the licensing boards have really gotten tough on substance related issues - even seemingly minor ones.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3