Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Favorite activity of Detroit police is to investigate city ordinance violations. Possible curfew violation [[had youthful appearance). Walking in street where sidewalk provided. Gun shot in area. High narcotic trafficking area. All of which can lead to a stop and frisk, identification, and warrant check.

Back on topic.

I think the word "fight it" is extreme. There is nothing wrong with "contesting it" Semantics maybe but relevant in a bigger picture.

OK. Contest it because it's a life experience and he will be better prepared the next time he needs to go to a court [[whether it's for payment of fines, as a jury member, witness, or other boring reasons)

2. Just state your case. You will probably lose but my case would be that there were others in the group that did not get ticketed and the law should have been enforced in it's entirety or not at all [[warning). I would request a trial and put the officer up there and ask him/her if he /she remembers others being present at the sidewalk that DID NOT get a ticket and ask why? If the officer is honest, maybe there is wiggle room or a reduced sentence.

3. Contest it because our society is becoming uber big brotherish. I was declined for a passprt last year because I have a child support Judgment. Now, I pay child support and have for years and it's seemlessly garnished BUT my point here is that 10 years ago I would have been able to get a passport. Now, every law enforcement agency - every governmental agency and credit report EVERYONE - knows your history.

So, he goes to get a nice fellowship after medical school and they run a report on him that shows an open container violation 5-6 years ago and now he is sitting in front of a review board having to explain it.

Might as well try and "contest" it.
    Last edited by Roadmaster49; April-23-11 at 10:08 AM.