Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thanx for pointing out the location, Jackie....not many people realize that the mosque is on the Dearborn/Detroit border [[warrendale)...I live within walking distance and I plan to be at one of the neighboring churches for Good Friday services.

Anyone got a light?

Vox Guest

I believe that they should allow the fool to protest in front of the mosque, on that city land. However, I believe that the parcel of city land should be surrounded by 12 feet canvas lined fences, with nobody else allowed on it but him and his followers.

No cameras allowed on site, and shut the gate on his ass and let him protest all he wants. Simple enough, isn't it?

Lol Jones' gun accidentally discharged in the parking lot outside Fox 2 studios last night. Jackass.

Buy American Guest

How did that happen? Guns just don't accidentally discharge when they are holstered or in a safe place. This idiot must has a screw loose. Also, why wasn't he charged for the discharge?

Some jihadi group in Pakistan has reportedly put a more than $1million price on Ol' Mutton Chops. There are plenty of "brothers" in SE Michigan who would be honored to do the job. Might even be worth martyrdom to some of them. And to prevent that from happening, it's going to take a huge "wall of blue" [[cops) to surround him. Mutton Chops gets to pull off a 1st Amendment media stunt - and the people of D-Bone get stuck with the huge security bill. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    How did that happen? Guns just don't accidentally discharge when they are holstered or in a safe place. This idiot must has a screw loose.
    This jackass did it for publicity, no doubt. He is trying his best to cause an uprising so that violence will follow. Then he can plant his mug in front of the cameras and proudly boast how he faced great danger, but prevailed over the evil Muslims. It wouldn't surprise me if he hopes for something on the scale of a bombing to take place.

The scary thing is that idiots on the right wing news like Hannity will make this fool out to be a great American hero and the sheep will buy right into it.

My apologies for not reading all the posts in this good thread. As loathsome as Mr. Jones is, I agree that he has the right to free speech. I also believe, however, that Mr. Jones's actions could be similar to yelling 'fire' in a crowded theatre.

My hope is that no one shows up at the protest.

Buy American Guest

IMHO, if the Muslims at the Mosque don't pay any attention to this idiot, if the press would look the other way, if there was no more publicity, he may slink away quietly and his message wouldn't get heard by anyone. He's a hate monger but he still has the right to hold the rally, he still has the right to get his message out there. The courts gave the Westboro Baptists the right to rally at our fallen military to spew their hatred [[as much as I would have like the courts to decide differently), Jones can't be denied his rights. Just don't pay any attention to him.
    But, if Muslims want to kill people because of him burning a book, I blame the Muslims for doing it. They are at fault and Jones will be able to prove a point. I've been angered by people burning the American flag...from the 60's until today, but I have never considered murdering someone because of it. If Jones were to burn the bible, I would no more think of murdering him either.
    On Let It Rip last night, a minister said Jones had blood on his hands because of Muslims murdering people over the Quran burning incident or even the hint of burning it...the Muslims need to be held responsible for that, not Jones [[and that statement leaves a bitter taste in my mouth).

Default Terry Jones

Given the fact the defendants were their own attorney, They did a better job of presenting their case than I thought they would.

Listening to Terry Jones give his summation folowing the testimony, the thought of Foster Brooks came to mind though.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    What's an appropriate response to this guy?

If all the imams, rabbis, and Christian clergy stuck together and [[far fetched idea) lit a Torah and Bible when Jones lit a Qur'an would that sufficiently undercut his message?
    One thing that would help is if the media would quit being all over this guy. He's an attention whore. If he would hold a rally and no one showed up, I believe his game would be over.

I support this idiot's right to make a complete ass of himself and piss off people who are not likely to look kindly upon him.

I do not support any violence against him, or anybody else due to his actions.

I fully support the right of whatever police department he may wish to continue with their normal operations for the day with no additional officers deployed in any form whatsoever.

I live just a few blocks away from the Islamic Center of America. I have a few unique thoughts on this subject that I wanted to share.

First, after driving past the site this evening, I'm pretty sure that every cop in the area was at that mosque. Dearborn and Dearborn Heights Police Departments both had a heavy presence there as did the Wayne County Sheriff and Michigan State Police.

Second, as I was sitting in a traffic jam created by this, I couldn't help but realize that if Rev. Jones had decided to do this on Kirkwood [[the street immediately behind the most mosque) instead of on Alter Rd./Ford Rd. [[the streets immediately in front of it) then he would still have the mosque as a backdrop and the restrictions that the City of Dearborn imposed wouldn't apply.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    Gee, this thread sure is a wild one!!! Interestingly, my understanding that this guy wants to protest at the Islamic American Center on Altar Rd near Ford Rd. If that's correct, the facility is actually in Detroit. Ford Rd is the border between Detroit & Dearborn. This facility is on the north, Detroit side. Coincidentally, it's also a few doors down from my own church. It's going to be pretty interesting to see what goes on there Friday on my way to church.
    The Dearborn/Detroit border zig-zags around. The north end of their parking lot [[behind the building, if you're looking at it from Ford Rd.) is the actual border at that section.

LansingandBeyond.com’s spiritual adviser, Reverend Willie Joe Clayton, is back at the pulpit of the Shrine of the Crumbling Paradigm. In today’s Good Friday message, Reverend Clayton has a message of truth for all of humanity regarding Florida’s Koran-burning “deceiver,” Pastor Jones.

Warning: Reverend Clayton uses 'colorful' language so don't listen around sensitive ears.

its satire but all of his statements are true....

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    Guys an attention whore and an idiot, end of story.
    I knew Dr. Don Northrup quite well - the founder of Dove World Outreach Center [[DWOC). He was a gentle, cultured, loving man who pastored a warm, welcoming congregation of several hundred at the time of his demise. Dr. Northrup is probably spinning in his grave, supersonically, over the antics of Terry Jones. I think Dr. Don's wife - a sweet, gentle woman - is still alive, but frail ... goodness only knows what she thinks of this toxic nonsense.

Terry Jones was assigned as pastor of a DWOC mission in Germany, then called to DWOC as pastor following Dr. Northrup's death. Under his "stewardship", DWOC slid into failure - fewer than 30 regular members. Perhaps Terry feels his book-burning sideshow could somehow bring in $$ to help DWOC stave off bankruptcy. It's tragic, he might allegedly be using church funds to pay for this hateful opera buffa.

This afternoon, they read in our church [[not DWOC) the Good Friday gospel, where Jesus supposedly said, "Father forgive them, they know not what they do."
    Last edited by beachboy; April-23-11 at 12:01 AM.

Terry Jones. What an intolerable sick fuck he is.

I"m not the most liberal atty in town, but I'd say a first year law student would have no trouble reversing that "trial" on appeal. I'd start with the city ordinance itself.It's downhill from there. And I don't know what that judge was thinking.

This video is disturbing. Looks like many people feel that screaming is an appropriate way to express an opinion.

http://www.freep.com/section/VideoNe...tvideo|article

Really a question of free speech. Is this guy yelling fire in a theatre? How about those who scream and threaten on the camera so that you can't hear anything?

I totally disagree with his views, but the screaming people really made me wonder if there shouldn't be open dialog. Especially some people saying they would follow him, etc. Giving him more publicity than he needs. To me, the best thing would be for him to have a parade and nobody show up. To stand on public land on a soap box, extol the virtues of whatever he supports, and have people just shake their heads and walk by.

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    I believe that they should allow the fool to protest in front of the mosque, on that city land. However, I believe that the parcel of city land should be surrounded by 12 feet canvas lined fences, with nobody else allowed on it but him and his followers.

No cameras allowed on site, and shut the gate on his ass and let him protest all he wants. Simple enough, isn't it?
    I love this idea.....or what if he had a protest and nobody including the TV & News didn'tshow up....this idiot just wants attention.

It seems plain to me that in our First Amendment was designed to protect most especially the right to express unpopular, political opinions in public. This guy's opinions are both unpopular and probably political in nature. Threats of violence should not deprive him of his rights, nor is there any right to be protected being offended. This case will be reversed in no time. What Dearborn's attempting to do is to keep the peace by squelching his right to free speech. Can't do that. People will have to let him talk and move on with their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnemecek View Post
    The Dearborn/Detroit border zig-zags around. The north end of their parking lot [[behind the building, if you're looking at it from Ford Rd.) is the actual border at that section.
    I'm curious to see how this looks. Do you have a map showing it?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    This is an apocryphal story that no one has been able to pinpoint the location of. It's at 'a school' in Seattle where 'a teacher' wouldn't let a volunteer call them Easter Eggs.
    http://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblog...say-officials/
    Well, apparently someone at the school where my acquaintance's kids attend, picked up on this story & is using this term there.

In unrelated news, or maybe not, the Westboro Baptist Cult got PWNED!!
    Good one, Brandon Mississippi!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast