Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Dr. Emil Guest

Quote Originally Posted by barnesfoto View Post
    wasn't christ a liberal? That "turn the other cheek" stuff comes across as pretty liberal to me...maybe you old timey church types should just stick with the old testament, which is filled with all sorts of fun stuff like incest...

As for "Mexicans burning the flag in CA" I must have missed that one. It sure wasn't any of the Mexicans/Mexican Americans on my block...

If B. American volunteered to help out at any public school, he might find that the pledge of allegiance is said every day in most public schools, [[even the public schools in Los Angeles, which as we all know is a very liberal city with a huge smattering of what George W. Bush called "little brown ones").

That of course, would mean going out and seeing the world instead of sitting in his dull suburb making assumptions while posting on the internet.

There WAS however a recent assembly of teabaggists outside a mosque in Orange County [[for those of you who don't get out much, Orange County is to LA what Oakland County is to Detroit...once an all white bastion, now increasingly a melting pot..)

Anyway...here's the video. Note the chants of "go back home". Are the teabaggists telling people not to attend houses of worship? Or are they making assumptions about people's citizenship status?
    They have the legal authority to do neither.
    and as an earlier poster said, it's funny how much all fundamentalists sound alike...

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politic...rotest-5334312
    Looks like some good god-fearing Christians in that video.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by barnesfoto View Post
    wasn't christ a liberal? That "turn the other cheek" stuff comes across as pretty liberal to me...maybe you old timey church types should just stick with the old testament, which is filled with all sorts of fun stuff like incest...

As for "Mexicans burning the flag in CA" I must have missed that one. It sure wasn't any of the Mexicans/Mexican Americans on my block...

If B. American volunteered to help out at any public school, he might find that the pledge of allegiance is said every day in most public schools, [[even the public schools in Los Angeles, which as we all know is a very liberal city with a huge smattering of what George W. Bush called "little brown ones").

That of course, would mean going out and seeing the world instead of sitting in his dull suburb making assumptions while posting on the internet.

There WAS however a recent assembly of teabaggists outside a mosque in Orange County [[for those of you who don't get out much, Orange County is to LA what Oakland County is to Detroit...once an all white bastion, now increasingly a melting pot..)

Anyway...here's the video. Note the chants of "go back home". Are the teabaggists telling people not to attend houses of worship? Or are they making assumptions about people's citizenship status?
    They have the legal authority to do neither.
    and as an earlier poster said, it's funny how much all fundamentalists sound alike...

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politic...rotest-5334312
    You don't know me so I wonder how you presume to make random statements about me personally...and here YOU are, sitting in your dull suburb making assumptions while posting on the internet as well.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/mexicoflag.asp
    http://www.outragedpatriots.com/Mexi...g%20Burner.htm

I don't know you either Buy American nor do I know Barnesfoto. But if either of you have the need to thread-jack, then start a new thread about YOU and lets get back to bashing this stupid fucker and his idiot psychophants.

The demonstration by Pastor Terry Jones has two facets of the 2nd Amendment: The freedom nof speech and the freedom of Religon.

I believe in Pastor Jones right to a free speech and to be critical of another religion. However, The 2nd Amendment allows for Islamic Community and it religion to practice their religion in the United States.

However, protesting may not be his best way to get his point across. It does not accomplish anything, but publicity.

Pastor Jones need to request a meeting with Islamic community leaders and to have a dialogue rather than just talking to them in the media.

As all citizens in the United States must understand is that the 2nd Amendment gives one the right right to have any, and I do mean any, religious belief. Some people worship trees and some worship rocks. However, in this country, they have a right to do so.

The only way to change is that is to change the United States Constitution.

ferntruth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    I say the pastor has the right to do whatever he wants. We are in the United States, we do have our freedoms and if the muslims attack our troops or United Nations troops I say we blast them back to the stone age, bad example most of those people are stuck in the stone age. lol

Spoken like someone who has never served in the military. If you had, you would not be so flippant about killing.

If Muslims were burning Bibles, I suspect you would be just as outraged as they are when its a Koran.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Westboro Baptist Church knows that what they are doing will in fact incite violence one of these times. It's the same thing in my book. Mexicans are burning the flag in California, is that treasonous? In my book, yes it is.

Incidentally, I don't think Jones has actually stated that he hopes his burning the koran would lead to attacks on American troops...but just the mention of burning the koran has lead to violence from the Muslim people. It just shows you the mindset of some Middle Eastern people and how they feel violence is the only way to solve a problem.

Tea-party absurdity? Just the plain and simple truth!
    Apples to oranges. The people in Afghanistan killing over religion are also by far some of the poorest in the world. That entire country has been at war for decades. The problems of violence in Afghani society are almost the polar opposite of ours. The Taliban were only the most recent regime to take advantage of this.

The Tea party is a group of Americans [[of the majority ethnic group), who believe that it's perfectly fine to represent America as somewhere which will burn a Quran and where a black president is automatically assumed to be illegally elected.

GUSHI Guest

All i'm saying is that if he wants to burn it[[which I don't agree with) he has the freedom to, if a Muslim wants to burn the Bible[[which I don't agree with) he has the freedom to. We are in the greatest country in the world, that gives us these rights. What gives any other person the right to take a human life?, but if some one shoots at me, I will protect myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by ferntruth View Post
    Spoken like someone who has never served in the military. If you had, you would not be so flippant about killing.

If Muslims were burning Bibles, I suspect you would be just as outraged as they are when its a Koran.

Dr. Emil Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HistoryNotHisStory View Post
    The demonstration by Pastor Terry Jones has two facets of the 2nd Amendment: The freedom nof speech and the freedom of Religon.

I believe in Pastor Jones right to a free speech and to be critical of another religion. However, The 2nd Amendment allows for Islamic Community and it religion to practice their religion in the United States.

However, protesting may not be his best way to get his point across. It does not accomplish anything, but publicity.

Pastor Jones need to request a meeting with Islamic community leaders and to have a dialogue rather than just talking to them in the media.

As all citizens in the United States must understand is that the 2nd Amendment gives one the right right to have any, and I do mean any, religious belief. Some people worship trees and some worship rocks. However, in this country, they have a right to do so.

The only way to change is that is to change the United States Constitution.
    You are demonstrating a fundamental lack of knowledge in regards to the Bill of Rights here.

ferntruth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    All i'm saying is that if he wants to burn it[[which I don't agree with) he has the freedom to, if a Muslim wants to burn the Bible[[which I don't agree with) he has the freedom to. We are in the greatest country in the world, that gives us these rights. What gives any other person the right to take a human life?, but if some one shoots at me, I will protect myself.

No one GIVES us rights. Not the Government, not the people.
    As for the greatest country in the world - I'll let you flag-wave on your own.

I spent 6 years wearing an Army uniform - as far as I am concerned, there are countries out there that are just as good [[if not better in some ways) than the good ole' US of A.

Like I said before, you talk a big talk. I suspect its just that - talk.

Let the idiot protest and do his stupid thing. Let others show up and counter-protest. It's Free Speech. We've come so far in allowing idiocy in our idiotcracy, that it might do some good for future generations to see all of this in full bloom. Hopefully, it'll just be loud and not ugly. But you never know. I remember once a cop tried bashing me upside the head at the Washington Monument during an anti-war [[Vietnam) protest in the late 60's. His reasoning? I was a commie, pinko, faggot, long haired mf, that had no business living in the US, AND, I was too close to the monument. I'd attend the idiot pastor's demonstration, but I wouldn't want him to be deceived into thinking he was important.

GUSHI Guest

Well I have been, stayed and visited meany countries and none are even close to the good'ole US of A.It's FREE SPEECH , and if the don't like it here move to one of those countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by ferntruth View Post
    No one GIVES us rights. Not the Government, not the people.
    As for the greatest country in the world - I'll let you flag-wave on your own.

I spent 6 years wearing an Army uniform - as far as I am concerned, there are countries out there that are just as good [[if not better in some ways) than the good ole' US of A.

Like I said before, you talk a big talk. I suspect its just that - talk.

Dr. Emil Guest

Is there any thing more tired and lame than the "If you don't like America you can get out" crowd? As if you disagree or dissent with anything, you should move to a different country instead of trying to change things for the better. According to that unreasonable line of thinking, Martin Luther King, Jr. should have found a less racist place to live.

littlebuddy Guest

Amish, mennonites, hutterites and some breathern are "turn the other cheek" types and alot of them are anything but liberal

Hopefully he changes his mind or his venue.

Guys an attention whore and an idiot, end of story.

GUSHI Guest

The United States is still the best country in the world. Nothing even close. 1000's of immigrants everyday in downtown becoming citizens couldn't be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Emil View Post
    Is there any thing more tired and lame than the "If you don't like America you can get out" crowd? As if you disagree or dissent with anything, you should move to a different country instead of trying to change things for the better. According to that unreasonable line of thinking, Martin Luther King, Jr. should have found a less racist place to live.

It appears that some, have made a god out of patriotism in this country. Doing so, may violate the first commandment. I'm not a biblical scholar, but someone that is, do you have an opinion about this? I think maybe some have made many gods, like beer, money, drugs etc.

I heard recently that someone wants to take religion out of Easter because it may offend someone.
    Are you talking about what I heard recently? A lady & I were discussing our Easter plans. She mentioned something to the effect that her kids can't call painted/decorated eggs Easter eggs at their school. They have to call them "spring spheres".

Gee, this thread sure is a wild one!!! Interestingly, my understanding that this guy wants to protest at the Islamic American Center on Altar Rd near Ford Rd. If that's correct, the facility is actually in Detroit. Ford Rd is the border between Detroit & Dearborn. This facility is on the north, Detroit side. Coincidentally, it's also a few doors down from my own church. It's going to be pretty interesting to see what goes on there Friday on my way to church.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    A lady & I were discussing our Easter plans. She mentioned something to the effect that her kids can't call painted/decorated eggs Easter eggs at their school. They have to call them "spring spheres".
    It's hard to believe that's not just made up.

Maybe it would be more effective to replace "spring spheres" with "spring prolate spheroids." It sounds even more outlandish and so perhaps would more effectively convey the intended snark.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    Are you talking about what I heard recently? A lady & I were discussing our Easter plans. She mentioned something to the effect that her kids can't call painted/decorated eggs Easter eggs at their school. They have to call them "spring spheres".
    Yes, that's it. Easter can't be mentioned because it could mean a religious day and offend maybe one or two people out of hundreds.

Yes, that's it. Easter can't be mentioned because it could mean a religious day and offend maybe one or two people out of hundreds.
    This is an apocryphal story that no one has been able to pinpoint the location of. It's at 'a school' in Seattle where 'a teacher' wouldn't let a volunteer call them Easter Eggs.
    http://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblog...say-officials/

I can't believe people believe these trite little stories circulating around the internet or on the nightly news illustrating 'PC' gone wild. As I said before there's plenty of idiocy in our idiotcracy. There are over 200 million people in the US and some of them are bound to be nutcases. But why listen to them? Yeah, I heard about the guy who........who.......who.......who gives a s*^t ?

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    I can't believe people believe these trite little stories circulating around the internet or on the nightly news illustrating 'PC' gone wild. As I said before there's plenty of idiocy in our idiotcracy. There are over 200 million people in the US and some of them are bound to be nutcases. But why listen to them? Yeah, I heard about the guy who........who.......who.......who gives a s*^t ?
    I give a $hit.

Preacher Jones is coming to protest in the Islamic Center of America's Mosque. He's coming for a vengence against Islam. Whether he burns the Holy Qu,ran or rips it to billions of pieces, he does have the right to protest. He's protected under the 1st Amendent of the Bill of Rights of free speech and assembly just like the Christians, Jews, Muslims and any club or crazy cults. We shall see of what Preacher Jones can do and convert some lost souls or wage a holy war.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Dogma is a main problem connecting Man to God.

Neda, I miss you so.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast