Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    Yeah, but for the other 98% that most of us would fall in, I agree that a lower speed limit wouldn't cost that much time. In fact, I think rush hours would end up being the same. Traffic jams often start when people have to hit the brakes due to a high volume of traffic entering during peak times. If traffic is moving slower, the impact will start at a later point in the cycle and the required 'slowdown' will be less severe, resulting in a better flow of traffic.
    The biggest causes of traffic jams and accidents are people going under the average rate of speed, particularly in "passing" lanes, which slows everything down and makes people angry and aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    The biggest causes of traffic jams and accidents are people going under the average rate of speed, particularly in "passing" lanes, which slows everything down and makes people angry and aggressive.
    Exactly. I totally agree as I'm one of those people that get angry and aggressive when people are clogging the lanes on the freeways.