Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I have no sympathy for criminals getting picked on by the press. If it hurts their feelings, perhaps they should have thought about that before they broke the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    a. So was Monica Conyers.

You have a bigger heart than I do R8R...I wish I could be more forgiving.
    Who forgiving? It's not an issue of forgiving or not forgiving. It's about moving forward. Going backwards to sneer at jailbirds is waste of time IMO.

There is valid civic interest in the outcomes of this correspondance and you shouldn't discredit the newpapers for reporting it. This isn't about smearing, or sneering - its about the integrity of the justice process. Conyers pleads that her education and family ties and age [[in her 40's!) should motivate the court to change her sentence to a more cushy sentence - house arrest, community service time, etc.

The implication is that [[formerly) important people, or parents, or spouses of important people and possessing a college degree should not do hard time upon conviction - but everyone else should.

So, as a citizen of the United States, I am validly interested in the outcome of her request. And iImore interested as a citizen of Detroit. Just as KK once thought he had a triumphal return in the bag, Conyers is no doubt pathologically nursing dreams of restored power and influence when she returns. Certainly many of her friends and family who made out good during her tenure on Council hope for her restoration. I on the other hand, do want her beaten down so far that she will never mount a comeback campaign. Its hard to beat down in Detroit - even Coleman A. Young came back from the dead to endorse his son Coleman Young Jr. [[formerly a sub shop employee) for the State Senate. And so, of course, Detroiters elected him.

I have to give her credit, she proved me wrong. I stated on here awhile back she wouldn’t last more then a month in that jail. I assumed based on her mental issues and the strange behavior in her private life she would wig eventually and be sent to a stricter facility.
    What happened to our girl, we need a good meaningless act by Monica.

considering that someone should beat some sense into her spoiled rotten son i guess they should let her. but i am not sure if a ex-prisoner would be the right fit as a supervisor of a kid. there sure are some responsabilities she FAILED to live up to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2