Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Cartel is a group of companies joined to price fix, etc

Union is a group of employees that group together to protect themselves against the company.

Fairly simple.
    And yes, there is a similarity there but the difference is what matters. The latter is to right an imbalance of power and the former is exacerbate an imbalance of power.

Yes, it is just that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Cartel - Wikipedia

P.S. You're so dense, I'm done discussing this with you except to note that the Detroit Federation of Labor was a labor federation while the Wholesale Cleaners and Dyers Association was a compulsory cartel. Previously linked documents and videos identify a dozen participating businesses.

God, you're dumb as a stump. Darwin suggests that stupid people often don't survive to pass their genes down in adulthood. Please for the good of the species neuter yourself.

On the Origin of Species By Means of Natural Selection by Charles Darwin | Project Gutenberg

jcole / Cartel is a group of companies joined to price fix, etc

Union is a group of employees that group together to protect themselves against the company.

Fairly simple.

That’s right. There are anti-collusion laws directed to break up monopolies, trusts and cartels. They have been on the books for a long time in the US. These are all the results of colluding or aggressive business entities, or criminal entities. To liken them to Labour Unions is preposterous but what do you expect from Dick? Labour unions are their own animal, not defending all that they are, but Richard’s convoluted post equates them all in his inimitable bubba fashion.

Yes, simple answers for simple minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Yes, simple answers for simple minds.

I’m glad you got something out of it.

You must lead a boring life. Sitting on a forum, of a foreign country, all day posting grade school responses, eh?

^ Hah! In the meantime a faction of the FBI has made a stop by Diddy's [Sean Combs]. Busy lately they are....

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    You must lead a boring life. Sitting on a forum, of a foreign country, all day posting grade school responses, eh?
    Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to qualify my post.
    I can only imagine how exciting your life is. Tell me more.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Cartel - Wikipedia

P.S. You're so dense, I'm done discussing this with you except to note that the Detroit Federation of Labor was a labor federation while the Wholesale Cleaners and Dyers Association was a compulsory cartel. Previously linked documents and videos identify a dozen participating businesses.

God, you're dumb as a stump. Darwin suggests that stupid people often don't survive to pass their genes down in adulthood. Please for the good of the species neuter yourself.

On the Origin of Species By Means of Natural Selection by Charles Darwin | Project Gutenberg
    you clearly proved Darwin wrong.

You keep fixating on the business side of it with the cleaners.

They were looking for a way to use them as a front to legitimize money,you do not create a front and draw attention to your self by terrorizing the businesses.

Which is why they brought in Chicago and created the labor union,so they could use the workers as leverage,do this or they will strike.

I stand by my original post where the workers were forced under threats to join,because who would offer to join and pay monthly dues if they did not have to,it was not an option.

The mob used the unions to extort businesses ever since,not in workers rights but to increase contracts during construction,collecting a wage for no show jobs,buying houses and cars and never paying the loan even health insurance.

You went down a narrow path without the ability to zoom out and look at the bigger picture and that was your story and you were sticking to it,and everybody else is stupid.

The cleaner wars was them being thugs and reckless as a gang,the call to Chicago was them attempting to transform from a bunch of thugs into a mafia that could show income through the use of legitimate businesses so they could justify income.

It was a pivotal time for them,they could have matured but they kept acting like a bunch of reckless thugs and witnesses came forward and the speculation was that the competition helped set them up to law enforcement because they were out of control and needed to be out of the picture.

That’s why when Lucky came in all he had to do was pick up the pieces.

When it comes to the mob, Detroits mob existed because they ran a tight ship and did not run around with a neon sing saying here I am and draw attention.

Old school,the other NY families got stupid and chose the limelight where they ended up dying in prison.

The purple gangs downfall was their claim to fame,brutality,they did not need to be like that when 75% of the liquor was coming through Detroit,they could have been more powerful then Al Capone.

We see that even today,a thug is a thug it’s the only thing they know and even if they put a suit on or make it in society they just cannot leave that thug life behind.
    Last edited by Richard; March-27-24 at 11:03 AM.

Speaking of thugs in suits, DJT fits that description to a T. [[no pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Speaking of thugs in suits, DJT fits that description to a T. [[no pun intended)
    The monied in WPB would agree with you because he was the first one that allowed,African Americans,Women and homosexuals to join his club where before they were not welcome across the bridge unless they were cleaning your house,cutting the grass or serving them meals.

Maybe pay a little less attention to the suit and more to what really matters in people,clearly nobody is perfect in every way.

But to make it more on topic people claimed he had mob ties,which is kinda funny because as a NYC developer in the real estate development arena if you did not deal with the mob you were not in business in NYC.

I had a friend from Chicago,started an ice cream truck route,expanded it to 6 trucks then after one got blown up it was time to leave.

When you look at places like Miami,Toranto,Quebec,Montreal etc they are cities that most likely would not exist today as they are had not the mob used them to launder billions.

Thats the history of Detroit when it came to gangs and thugs,they made millions but very few actually reinvested back into the community as a way of long term survival. They just left a wake of destruction behind and are still admired today.
    Last edited by Richard; March-27-24 at 12:02 PM.

And to think, people were so dismissive and judgemental about the Black Panthers, Blackstone Rangers, and Young Boys Inc. These guys were just as bad, if not worse.
    Agreed, and decent law-abiding citizens feared and reviled the Purple Gang back then just as decent people today revile Maralago Mussolini.

I remember my dad telling me about the Purple Gang. Many cops and politicians were paid to overlook extortion, and didn't care unless there were drive-by shootings and fire-bombings. My dad's descriptions were decidedly unromantic.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The monied in WPB would agree with you because he was the first one that allowed,African Americans,Women and homosexuals to join his club where before they were not welcome across the bridge unless they were cleaning your house,cutting the grass or serving them meals.

Maybe pay a little less attention to the suit and more to what really matters in people,clearly nobody is perfect in every way.

But to make it more on topic people claimed he had mob ties,which is kinda funny because as a NYC developer in the real estate development arena if you did not deal with the mob you were not in business in NYC.

I had a friend from Chicago,started an ice cream truck route,expanded it to 6 trucks then after one got blown up it was time to leave.

When you look at places like Miami,Toranto,Quebec,Montreal etc they are cities that most likely would not exist today as they are had not the mob used them to launder billions.

Thats the history of Detroit when it came to gangs and thugs,they made millions but very few actually reinvested back into the community as a way of long term survival. They just left a wake of destruction behind and are still admired today.
    You can spin it any way you want Richard. DJT is a corporate thug, which is the worst kind. You speak of all the good things he's done for minorities which is bogus. Isn't DJT the same guy that would not let AfAmericans and other people of color rent apartments at his properties? I believe he got sued for that. He's gotten away with more nefarious misdeeds then anyone who's ever held the highest office in the land. He should be in jail for Jan 6th alone. Think of all the negativity and public out cry if Obama did half of these things. They would probably re-inact Jan 6th to have him removed from office.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; March-28-24 at 09:47 AM.

You can spin it any way you want Richard. DJT is a corporate thug, which is the worst kind. You speak of all the good things he's done for minorities which is bogus. Isn't DJT the same guy that would not let AfAmericans and other people of color rent apartments at his properties? I believe he got sued for that. He's gotten away with more nefarious misdeeds than anyone who's ever held the highest office in the land. He should be in jail for Jan 6th alone. Think of all the negativity and public out cry if Obama did half of these things. They would probably re-inact Jan 6th to have him removed from office.

I did not post bogus claims,easy enough to say somebody does but it’s not based on what on says therefore it is or feelings.

He was always a dem so it stands to reason he had wanton ways in the past and a rules for them and not me stance.

He does not effect my life not sure why others are so obsessed over him that they spend 24/7 keeping him relevant.

Obama let Putin walk into Crimea which laid the seeds for putting us with the odds of being in a world war worse then the Cold War.

Clinton slammed tariffs on Haitian rice while flooding them with cheap Arkansas rice and destroyed their economy.

There has not been a president in this country that has not done good along with the not so good job.

Listen to what you wrote - If Obama had done X there would have been an outcry,that’s the beauty of the constitution it gives every citizen the right to question the government and in protest if you want to base it on feelings or what you think.

I feel and think Haitians should sue the U.S. for the damages incurred by their nefarious actions,it is about making presidents accountable correct ?

What corporation does not operate as a thug? They always have,it’s called business and most like to pass judgment when it comes to corporations when they have little to zero business experience or even a sliver of understanding on how they operate.

But some are on a burn the bridge campaign without understanding cause and effect.

Like the current thing with charging somebody for overvaluation of property based on property appraisers valuations and not market values.

That just opened a back door for overzealous government to have a file card on every person in the country that has ever sold a house for more than the local property appraiser value. Or applied for a mortgage that was over the property appraisers value.

That puts over 3/4 of the homeowners in the country subject to criminal charges,or maybe it was not about trump at all,maybe it was more about putting that back door in so in the future it makes it easy to take everybody’s house for even distribution under the collective.
    Last edited by Richard; March-28-24 at 11:36 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2