Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

DetroitPole Guest

Yes, great. Let's keep doing things as we've been doing and expect different results.

I just love Auburn Hills because it is the iconic, symbolic, economic center of our region, and I love to walk to bars from the Palace before and after the game.

The good people of Oakland County can continue to live, work, and play as if the City of Detroit never existed. Of course when they leave the region they will proudly tell people they are from "Detroit" as Detroit continues to crumble but they can go sleep soundly in Oakland County.

Maybe every single one of our little feifdom suburbs should have a major league stadium, so none can complain about "poaching." Who needs a strong central city at the core of our region? Not us.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    The good people of Oakland County can continue to live, work, and play as if the City of Detroit never existed. Of course when they leave the region they will proudly tell people they are from "Detroit" as Detroit continues to crumble but they can go sleep soundly in Oakland County.
    I didn't realize the people in Oakland County had any say in the matter. They certainly didn't ask me for my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    Yes, great. Let's keep doing things as we've been doing and expect different results.

I just love Auburn Hills because it is the iconic, symbolic, economic center of our region, and I love to walk to bars from the Palace before and after the game.

Maybe every single one of our little feifdom suburbs should have a major league stadium, so none can complain about "poaching." Who needs a strong central city at the core of our region? Not us.
    Well said. I get upset that I have to travel through Oakland County to get to Detroit. I hate that county.