Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Instead of just the pedestrian bridge that crosses over I-75, maybe a plaza could be built from the point of where the pedestrian bridge is to Russell St. That would open up the area for the flea market activity that currently goes on on the bridge now. People typically crossing at Russell would have more of a reason to check out what's going on at the flea market.

Also, it would be nice to see a restaurant or bar/nightclub go on the ground floor of the Atlas Furniture Bldg. It would add some nighttime traffic to the area. In addition, some residences at the corner of Gratiot and Russell would increase pedestrian traffic in the area as well.

Finally, there was talk of opening up Russell Street at Antietam to make travel by car from Lafayette Park to Eastern Market easier, but I haven't heard anything in years but I think it would be a good idea. The car traffic would probably increase the pedestrian traffic because the area would feel less isolated and therefore feel safer to walk.

I like that idea about the plaza...also i was thinking the same thing about opening up to lafayette park. More friendly accessibility and Night life..I agree.

I was thinking about the layout for shed 4 in the first post in this thread when I was at EM on Saturday.
    The layout looks nice with a dozen people there, the reality is that there will be 100's of people in that area which was the case when I was at EM. EM was ass packed on Saturday [[9:00 am) and it'll be that way until mid August. As far as getting more people to go to EM I'm not sure where you fit them in.

I'm hoping the sketches of Shed 4 are just prelimary ones because the isles are way too small to accomodate the crowds that will be there.
    Last edited by rjk; April-25-11 at 06:25 AM.

I was there too!! It was sooo cool! nice crowd, everyone was having a good time. Beautiful day...

The best thing about the market, in my opinion, is its ability to bring different kinds of people together. Somehow, these drawings make me feel that the shoppers will be much less diverse.

shed 2 and 3 are finish and are a great addition to the market..They kept it basic as far the design...just made it more accessible friendly. Whats wrong with that...just a little upgrade. It looks nice...WOW...makes me wonder what people really want to Detroit to be. In order to CONTINUE to be successful in this industry you have to be current with what work..With its upgrade the market will last another 100 yrs. Without it..?..I dont know, might be a wrecking ball. How can this region move foward, or do most of you all want Detroit to NOT be progressive or current with the world. Eastern Market will be fine or not better..with the new renovation...whats wrong people?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4