Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hey salmon is a good source of protein.

LodgeDodger Guest

Gee people, racist much?

A lot of the local Arab immagrants either own a business or work for a family member who does. It's an "under the table" thing. Their 10-40 says they only made $16K even though they were actually paid way more than that. Then they are exempt from tax obligations and receive bridge cards / medicaid. Or at least so I've been told.
    I've heard many other stories of a similar nature. Ever notice an abundance of dealer liscence plates in Dearborn?
    Lots of industrious people taking advantage of a very generous system of safety nets and exemptions here.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Gee people, racist much?
    Nah, they're all good Ole 'Mericans

Gee people, racist much?
    The couple I was referring to in Sterling Heights are blond Eastern Europeans, not that it matters. And my wife and I are an inter-racial couple, not that it matters.

But I guess it's easier for some to dismiss everything under the cloak of "racism."

LodgeDodger Guest

Whenever a group of people are painted with the same brush, it's racism.

bartock Guest

What a bunch of horse shit. I made mention of what I was told by somebody who said it was a cultural thing and then made a comment which I thought conveyed the message that it was just as much "another" cultural thing. If you don't care to believe that what I was told was true about Oakwood, then I don't know, I didn't state it as fact. If you need the point that I was trying to make punched in the face, I'll make it clear: everybody from every culture does this sort of thing, and it in THIS CONTEXT [[Welfare, Medicaid) it almost always takes two to commit the fraud. One from one culture [[wherever that may be from and whatever color that skin may be) and one from another [[whereever that may be from and whatever color that skin may be).

If you think that the "immigrant" thing sounds racist, I wonder what race you are talking about being "ist" against. If it is a general statement to suggest that the use of word implies some sort of racist [[like the statement "'merican", which clearly implies that this is the everybody who is white is racist sort of thing), then it is just ignorant.

Obviously that isn't the definition of racism.

If I say rich people have more opportunities than poor people, I am painting a group of people with the same brush, but it has nothing to do with race or any other -ism.

I don't see any evidence of racism on this thread. It may or may not be that certain groups are more or less inclined to commit welfare fraud, but I don't see anyone making such a definitive claim.

"I was told..."
    "I think..."
    "I saw one time..."

Just the facts, ma'am...

Reading this thread, one would infer that the well-to-do is well-to-do because they are scamming the same system their politicians are claiming that the poor does this every day.

Back in 1995, I was reading a book about Don King and I learned a acronym that he used regularly. OTT which means off the top. Prior to Tyson going to prison back in the 90's, he gave King power of attorney to manage his affairs and that gave King access to Tyson's millions. Don King in his own right is a millionaire yet when he wanted something, rather than use his own money, he would go to his accountant and say OTT which the accountant knew that meant any money coming in for Tyson would used by King.

It would not surprise me if people who have money are getting over using the bridge card and it does not surprise me that party store owners are too getting over. $25 bucks and a pack of squares for $50 charged to the store is a hellua of a deal.

GUSHI Guest

If they weren't born here, since they broke the law i think they should be deported.

Thread FAIL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2