Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I'm just explaining the reasoning I recall for wanting another crossing at a separate location rather than merely twinning Matty's span.
    I know, I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying. I'm just saying that there was more to it than just in response to the terrorists attacks. The 911 aspect was simply the DRIC sides spin for the project. Both sides, the DRIC and Maroun, have embelished, distorted and concealed facts in order to suit their purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    I know, I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying. I'm just saying that there was more to it than just in response to the terrorists attacks. The 911 aspect was simply the DRIC sides spin for the project. Both sides, the DRIC and Maroun, have embelished, distorted and concealed facts in order to suit their purposes.
    Ha. Maroun? Lie? Awww, you gotta be KIDDIN' me.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Ha. Maroun? Lie? Awww, you gotta be KIDDIN' me.
    Ha. Don't forget about the DRIC's lies too. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    Ha. Don't forget about the DRIC's lies too. LOL
    Hain't seen any DRIC lies to write home about, I must say. If any, it's spitballs vs. cannonfire if you ask me.

"Eminent domain against a billionaire who is able to make the claim that his company is trying to provide the same service to the public will be almost impossible. Think in terms of trying to put the Poletown Plant on land owned by Chrysler at the exact same time that Chrysler was being denied the opportunity to build a plant in a nearby location."

That's not going to save Maroun. The way eminent domain works, the government gets the land first and Maroun gets his money latter. You think any judge isn't going to say that a publicly financed bridge isn't for a public purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    "Eminent domain against a billionaire who is able to make the claim that his company is trying to provide the same service to the public will be almost impossible. Think in terms of trying to put the Poletown Plant on land owned by Chrysler at the exact same time that Chrysler was being denied the opportunity to build a plant in a nearby location."

That's not going to save Maroun. The way eminent domain works, the government gets the land first and Maroun gets his money latter. You think any judge isn't going to say that a publicly financed bridge isn't for a public purpose?
    You seem to be forgetting about the billionaire part. Laws for Eminent domain have changed in recent years. The City of Detroit doesn't have the authority to do it anymore. The State of Michigan or the Federal Government would have to do it. And remember, whatever they do to Maroun, they would also have to do to someone's grandmother in Delray. Which could sway public opinion extremely fast. This fight hasn't gone on this long because Maroun doesn't know what he's doing. Like him or not, he's a very shrewd and smart man.