Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Come on people. He gets dissed in Detroit and retaliates. Our money is too hard earned for that bozo. Just feel bad Chicago wants to creep at us! Thought they had more class!
    In my experience, Chicago never has class.

I would have thought better of people in my city not to attend his show. I can only hope they are all from southern Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    A little off topic but ......... Remember, the idea that the wind blows is a myth, just like the sun sets or rises. Wind actually does suck, not blow.
    Gravity is a myth. The earth just sucks.

I think Detroit and Chicago are the only two cities ranting about this clown. Like it was a BIG DEAL for both cities. Not a good sign for the region.

I say put this loser behind and move on...

LOL! Double sucks... what about that fiasco that was their Riverside Dr. this winter with cars stopped in time with snow like the ice age! Hah... The Sheen 'circus' continues its state to state trip!
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob66 View Post
    Wo really cares what Chicago thinks of us anyway....Chicago is way too windy so therefore, it sucks!

Oh really now... Yeah he can 'step off'... LOSER!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    ...'These people of Detroit are bunch of F^%#@! wusses. All of them. But my show will go on. I'm never coming back to that Ape city ever again!'

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Show's over Charlie Sheen for Neda's sake.

NorthEndere Guest

Detroit is a city that lets folks know when they don't like sh%t, thank god. Charlie Sheen can go "Win!" somewhere else. We're not interested. You don't come and drop a big, steaming dump on our stage and expect us to clap for you. Even zoo animals know to go in the corner.

Hey that was funny North. Maybe I will adopt the screen name ape animal. At least I will know I am a primate and rather like the alliteration [[sp).

I still feel sorry for the turkey but doesn't mean I won't enjoy Thanksgiving. Tell Hollywood to keep their crap in their own zoo.

Howard Stern talked about Sheen's Detroit performance today. He couldn't believe Sheen's arrogance in thinking that he could just jump up on stage in front of 5,000 people, do some Q & A, and call it comedy...in other words not having an act. Chris Rock was the guest and said it took him about 15 years until he was really ready to do a 1 hr show in front of 5,000 people live. Stern thought Sheen deserved to get booed off the stage...at least Detroiters were a smart enough audience to do it.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Burb View Post
    Charlie Sheen

‎#TruthTorpedo
    I LOVE YOU CHICAGO!
    [[the new Rock City!!!)
    c http://twitpic.com/4grcol

From Charlie Sheen's Facebook...I wouldn't doubt this whole thing was planned. He'll change his whole format to hating on Detroit.

People like him like picking on easy targets.
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't planned. If you read about the Chicago show you learned that a 'friend' of Sheen's was on stage acting as an interviewer. That 'friend' was actually a Senior Vice President of Live Nation and is probably now tasked with keeping Live Nation from suffering a lot of damage by Sheen going totally off the rails.

Charlie had plants in the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by jcdfde5 View Post
    Charlie had plants in the crowd.
    Let the plants clap for him!

If Detroit is indeed on the drawing board for getting a Whole Foods, perhaps this city is now self-respecting enough not to be bothered by the crowd at a Charlie Sheen event, of all things, chanting that it sucks.

I can't help but chuckle...

Apparently it has progressed from "Detroit sucks!" in Chicago on Sunday to "F*ck Detroit!" tonight in Cleveland.

lilpup Guest

I think he's a full-blown narcissist who suffered a major ego injury that night.

People in Chicago didn't complain as much because they read about how much Sheen sucked in Detroit and they lowered their expectations. It's like buying tickets today for a Cubs game in July. By then it's obvious that they suck, but the money has already been spent.

lilpup Guest

Chicago was also a totally different show. He was on stage almost the entire time there. According to the reports from the Detroit show he only spent about 25% of the time on stage and most of that totally unorganized - the rest of the show it was someone else performing or was bad video clips.

DetroitDad Guest

Default Charlie Sheen torpedo may strike Detroit again

Charlie Sheen torpedo may strike Detroit again

Adam Graham / The Detroit News
    Charlie Sheen vs. Detroit, round 2?

In an interview with online outlet CelebTV.com following Sheen's show Sunday in Chicago, Live Nation VP and Charlie Sheen's tour manager, Joey Scoleri, said there's a chance Detroit could get a make-up date with Sheen, following Saturday's disaster of a tour opener at the Fox Theatre.

"I know that what they got, they deserved better, and Charlie definitely knows that," Scoleri said of the Detroit show, which ended in boos and audience walkouts. "So ideally, after this goes as well as it went tonight everywhere, we can go back to Detroit and actually do the real show."

In the same clip, however, Sheen still clearly harbors resentment towards the Motor City, dismissing his tour opener as "that Detroit thing" and jokingly telling reporter Kelli Zink, who identified herself as being from Detroit, "you should be ashamed." He then softened up his position on Detroit, if only a bit. "It's all right, it's all part of the learning process, you know — for them," he sniffed.

Following Saturday's Detroit debacle, Sheen and Scoleri stayed up until the wee hours of the morning retooling the show. The Chicago show was radically different from the Detroit offering and unfolded in a simple interview format. Video bits, an opening comedian and a cameo from Sheen pal Simon Rex — none of which were particularly well received in Detroit — were cut from the show altogether.

Reached for comment Tuesday, a rep for Sheen had no information on whether the show would return to Detroit.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110405/...#ixzz1IiP3utlX

This last video, posted on the actor's website, and article illustrates that this is nothing more than an elaborate marketing campaign, with more branding than a Coca-Cola and GM Super Bowl ad. For those interested in branding and marketing, this presents a very good case study. For everyone else; the man behind the curtain has been exposed.

PS: Before anyone gets on my case for posting more Charlie Sheen hoopla, please note that I am signed up to many small business marketing newsletters, and he has been a main topic on every one of them since all this started some time ago... It is... tiresome... to say the least.

"We get it, mentioning your hashtags around comical drug induced or psychotic catch phrases in every media distribution stream under the sun can equal winning. There is nothing here we didn't already learn from National Lampoon and Chevy Chase".

Im sure he is going to charge for a second performance.

If he wants to make it up, how about giving people their money back or tickets to a future performance for free.

lilpup Guest

I suppose it would be too much for him to come back here and get whacked with flying octopi every time "winning" is spoken on stage, eh?

Yeah, just drop off the refunds by way of whomever sans his presence, and he can keep it movin' on to the next town.... we're so awful as he states. No need for a charity event.
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    Im sure he is going to charge for a second performance.

If he wants to make it up, how about giving people their money back or tickets to a future performance for free.

Get out of Detroit Charlie Sheen!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Get out of Detroit Charlie Sheen!
    fryar likes this.

DetroitDad Guest

Detroit sucks, eh Chicago? Blow this around your windy city.

New York sides with Detroit headlines all over CNN and Fox News [[oddly, over the stories of major disasters and government unrest). Tickets for tonights show in the city every Chicagoan aspires to be [[), once sold for $120-$200 each, are now essentially being given away for $5-$25 on Craigslist. Tickets to "hang with the Warlock" are going for $25-$50.

[[Just kidding Chicago, you know we love you).

Don't people take rotten eggs and tomatoes to the theater anymore? What is this world coming to?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast