Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Well, apparently the crowd chanted "Detroit sucks!" tonight in Chicago and then Sheen read a poem about how much he hates Detroit.

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    Lighten up.

Having said that, the key for the future is to realize that April Fool's day isn't a weekend.
    I thought any day in April would suffice, provided a big enough fool was in town.

I'm just glad that I wasn't suckered into buying a ticket to that crap show.

Sheen also seemed to have a better rapport with the Chicago crowd. As the show began, some in the crowd began chanting "Detroit sucks." When one audience member asked Sheen to take off his shirt, he swapped his T-shirt for a collared shirt thrown at him by a larger man in the audience. He proceeded to wear the too big shirt for the rest of the show and referred throughout the show to the man who had given it to him.

Early on, Sheen urged the audience in an obscenity-laced statement "not to become [[expletive) Detroit tonight. Let's show Detroit how it's [[expletive) done." Later when Sheen was asked by the interviewer when he had started "winning," Sheen responded, "The winning started in [[expletive) Chicago."
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

And people wonder why Detroit is failing and becoming a ghost town.

Cheap shot... Detroit is easy to dog out. He needs to go behind the closed doors of rehab, work on his personal life and family and quit already with this 'rolling-stop' of buffoonery... Eventually he's going to have to deal with self when the curtains come down. And people move on to the next car wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    Well, apparently the crowd chanted "Detroit sucks!" tonight in Chicago and then Sheen read a poem about how much he hates Detroit.

Indeed, a Hollywood nut in spin-down mode has determined and sealed our fate. Oh the horrors... make it stop......

Someone commented the following in a related link on the page - LOL:

"How long before he looks like Keith Richards?"

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post

And people wonder why Detroit is failing and becoming a ghost town.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-04-11 at 03:47 AM.

Wo really cares what Chicago thinks of us anyway....Chicago is way too windy so therefore, it sucks!

It appears he delivered a completely different show in Chicago, so how one can compare Detroit's reaction to Chicago's is a puzzler.

DetroitPole Guest

Assembled in that theatre in Chicago were probably some of the worst people on earth.

Paying to see and cheering a wife-beating mental drug addict bragging about nailing hookers, then shouting about how much another city sucks.

Just typing it makes me feel like Western Civilization has now officially met its downfall.

Augustiner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    Assembled in that theatre in Chicago were probably some of the worst people on earth.

Paying to see and cheering a wife-beating mental drug addict bragging about nailing hookers, then shouting about how much another city sucks.

Just typing it makes me feel like Western Civilization has now officially met its downfall.
    Maybe they were all just playing an April Fool's joke on us.

Mr. Houdini Guest

Detroit got punked. Dang, Detroit never gets any respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Houdini View Post
    Detroit got punked. Dang, Detroit never gets any respect.
    I think Detroit got more respect for booing him than Chicago got for applauding him.

Apparently the people in Chicago are used to paying good money to watch Losers [[the Cubs) so Charlie Sheen's show had lower expectations in the windy city.

I commend those who booed this cockroach off the stage at the FOX. I just hope they made sure he didn't lay any eggs besides on stage... Detroit=REAL.... Chicago=FAKE....

Charlie Sheen needs to go back to Detroit and apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Charlie Sheen needs to go back to Detroit and apologize.
    But that would mean Sheen would come back to Detroit, and nobody wants that : )

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I think Detroit got more respect for booing him than Chicago got for applauding him.
    Detroit just proved we are the more discerning city.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob66 View Post
    Wo really cares what Chicago thinks of us anyway....Chicago is way too windy so therefore, it sucks!
    The Windy City is windy and cannot suck. Instead, it blows.

Charlie Sheen's 'TORPEDO OF TRUTH' Comedy Variety show in Detroit's Fox Theatre was A BUST! A FLOP! and many of its fans were DUPED! Most of them walked out of the theatre demanding their money back. During the middle part of the show the audience booed the hissed and Charlie Sheen just walked out in disgrace. I would problably write something on his Twitter account saying, 'These people of Detroit are bunch of F^%#@! wusses. All of them. But my show will go on. I'm never coming back to that Ape city ever again!'

I say that's fine with me. I glad I didn't pay large sums of money to see that clown. Sheen is has been. He must stop whining his problems like a little kid and start acting like a man. You can't get everything you want your way in this world. Just be blessed and grateful of what you have.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Show's over Charlie Sheen for Neda's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    The Windy City is windy and cannot suck. Instead, it blows.
    A little off topic but ......... Remember, the idea that the wind blows is a myth, just like the sun sets or rises. Wind actually does suck, not blow.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Detroit just proved we are the more discerning city.
    Detroit proved to the world once again why it isn't a desirable destination.

bartock Guest

How in the hell did it do that at this type of event?

Because it booed of the stage a self-centered narcissistic asshole who would basically be a nobody if it weren't for CBS? Yeah, ok.

... i bet his smarter brother Emilio is happy that he decided to go into acting using the real family name... Estevez.... and by now his dad Martin may have wished he had done the same thing...

Come on people. He gets dissed in Detroit and retaliates. Our money is too hard earned for that bozo. Just feel bad Chicago wants to creep at us! Thought they had more class!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast