Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Im saving my money for when Snookie comes to town.
    There was a story a few days ago that she was payed $32,000 to do a Q&A at Rutgers.
    1,000 sutdents showed up.
    That should be a good recruiting tool for Rutgers.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    There was a story a few days ago that she was payed $32,000 to do a Q&A at Rutgers.
    1,000 sutdents showed up.
    That should be a good recruiting tool for Rutgers.
    Another idiot! Rutgers is paying this other trainwreck more to appear there than they would pay a Nobel Peace Prize winner. Again, it's where the priorities are....and the brainless have their priorities up their a$$.

Screenshot of Dutch Teletekst. I don't think I have to translate that one....

If people really pay good money to go see Charlie Sheen at the Fox, that really points out how boring Detroit is any more.

Default Charlie Sheen expectations

Further evidence that our collective souls are slowly being ripped from our bodies.

Americana brought down the USSR, and has evolved into our own demise.

The only thing that I learned from this thread is that Charlie Sheen is still a schmuck and some people finally figured out and are enamored by....

FONT SIZE....

bartock Guest

Charlie Sheen is the human manifestation of the same mentality that a few on here take so much pleasure in despising with their opinions/impressions of uncontrolled suburban sprawl, unsustainable growth, selfish neglect of family and community in favor of one's own agenda, etc., yet those same people celebrate or at least attend the John-Gault-as-drug-addict circus blowing through town. The irony is incredible.
    Last edited by bartock; April-03-11 at 02:13 PM. Reason: opinions/impressions

What a nut case! Detroit is a hard audience that can be full of angst especially these days... Apparently SOME will EVEN 'pay' money for the pleasure of booing and hurling the tomatoes.

Or was the concert FREE? Go home... we have enough 'dysfunction' we don't need to celebrate yours. LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    An acquaintance is at the show - says Sheen's opening monologue got booed pretty hard. Welcome to Detroit, nutcase.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-03-11 at 02:44 PM.

Exactly! Thus he's been thrown-up the pop chart for broad consumption - no thanks. Reality show stardom of a train wreck is not the draw for everyone..... snore........ zzz... ZZZ......
    Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    Charlie Sheen is the human manifestation of the same mentality that a few on here take so much pleasure in despising with their opinions/impressions of uncontrolled suburban sprawl, unsustainable growth, selfish neglect of family and community in favor of one's own agenda, etc., yet those same people celebrate or at least attend the John-Gault-as-drug-addict circus blowing through town. The irony is incredible.

Thank you! Point well stated!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    If people really pay good money to go see Charlie Sheen at the Fox, that really points out how boring Detroit is any more.

Did they have an comment on why they WALKED-IN? ...In the first place... I'd rather spend my money doing something else. And did....
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    Fox 2 news was reporting that people where actually walking out.

All self-induced...
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Once again the people of Detroit have been ripped off.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Once again the people of Detroit have been ripped off.
    The people of Detroit and the people from the suburbs were not "ripped off". They knew this idiot was a nut case and they chose to spend their "hard earned" money for tickets to build his ego even more.

And this is why the world makes fun of Americans. Sheen had people lining up at 4 a.m. Morons.

Stromberg2

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    And this is why the world makes fun of Americans. Sheen had people lining up at 4 a.m. Morons.
    Stromberg2
    Er, have you seen British TV? For every Extras or The Office there are a dozen pseudo-celeb shows that make Jersey Shore look like Nova.

In Germany there's a prime time TV show about cheese cutting. Not the euphemism, deli owners are given a wheel of some type of cheese and have to cut a certain mass out of it.

Stupidity knows no boundaries.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    It was really amusing, though, to sit at home and read all the Twitter feeds during the show!!

I figure he just draws the same crowd as WWF and monster truck shows and, admit it, a few groups made a killing on the show and all the merchandise sales.

By golly I HAVE IT!! Sean of Detroit = DetroitDad = DANNY!!

Charlie Sheen fait couler beaucoup d'encre à Montréal aussi...
    This is the AP article translated for Montreal daily La Presse.
    I agree with those who say that he should have prepared a real standup routine the old fashioned way, by earning it...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Augustiner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpeteer View Post
    By golly I HAVE IT!! Sean of Detroit = DetroitDad = DANNY!!
    I think he posts as royce and gthomas, too.

DetroitDad Guest

Oh, come on. Fun is fun. And to some of the posters above, tragedy might not be funny to you, but I think I am learning that comedy is a facet of our culture, the part that holds us together in the face of tragedy.

Excuse me for laughing at the funeral.

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Augustiner View Post
    I think he posts as royce and gthomas, too.
    I'm all of them and everyone who's views you close your mind to.

Augustiner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    I'm all of them and everyone who's views you close your mind to.
    Shit, there's that many of you? Monica Conyers? Glenn Beck? Every crazy guy who's ever hit me up for change downtown? Damn, dude, you get around.

Sean you really should be saving your pennies in order to get your daughter a safe place to grow-up. Giving two days of wages to Charlie Sheen is not in your long term interest.

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Sean you really should be saving your pennies in order to get your daughter a safe place to grow-up. Giving two days of wages to Charlie Sheen is not in your long term interest.
    Okay, I apparently went to far. I am not actually following Charlie Sheen's tour. Relax, I am sorry I went a little overboard on my April Fools weekend postings.

Wasn't it you all that used to tell me I needed to lighten up? I guess I got carried away.

Vox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    Okay, I apparently went to far. I am not actually following Charlie Sheen's tour. Relax, I am sorry I went a little overboard on my April Fools weekend postings.

Wasn't it you all that used to tell me I needed to lighten up? I guess I got carried away.
    Lighten up.

Having said that, the key for the future is to realize that April Fool's day isn't a weekend.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast