Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Attachment 9210

Many were built that paid for themselves until the cost of labor sky-rocketed after World War One.

This line made money back in the day in Detroit:
    Just to be fair, Hermod: You don't think that a 30-year lease to city streets counts as a subsidy? Sure, it doesn't end up on a balance sheet, but the right to that real estate would seem quite valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by vox View Post
    my figures may be meaningless, but at least they are something. Unlike what you provide.
    Bwahahahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    My figures may be meaningless, but at least they are something. Unlike what you provide.
    In other words, you're reckless, irresponsible, and you jump to conclusions without factual basis. But at least you have an ego, yes?

Vox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    It is emphasis, not yelling. I want to write things in big, bold letters to show you what is important. Sadly, it is not aiding your reading comprehension skills.
    I guess that you may have not have bothered, then. Nothing you wrote is very important.

That's not peer-reviewed information. As such, it is useless. You might have made that yourself.
    Perhaps, but that still doesn't explain the reasoning behind anything you say.

So you want a mass transit system that does not take cars off the road? That is a secondary system that operates the same way cars do? On its face that's ridiculous.
    Perhaps, but so does subsidising a train that won't carry the capacity that the current bus system can handle easily. Think about it.

It is sober advice, Vox. Reading, research and critical thinking skills are important. They help people decide between boons and boondoggles.
    OOH... this guy?

Vox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    In other words, you're reckless, irresponsible, and you jump to conclusions without factual basis. But at least you have an ego, yes?
    Certainly. I just follow the example of everyone else here. Never let facts get in the way of a good argument, I always say.

I think that this would be a good place for this thread to end.

mwilbert, I agree with you.

Vox Guest

Happy April Fools Day!

DetroitDad Guest

It looks like someone beat you to it.

DetroitDad Guest

Vox, PRT is NO joke! I really think we need this. Detroit needs to get back on top, stop siding with the damn automobile, and get with sustainable P.R.T..

Name:  rocket man.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  21.1 KB

Vox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    Vox, PRT is NO joke! I really think we need this. Detroit needs to get back on top, stop siding with the damn automobile, and get with sustainable P.R.T..

Name:  rocket man.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  21.1 KB
    I suppose you would have to make up your mind which it is. Kiddie ride or urban salvation?

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    I suppose you would have to make up your mind which it is. Kiddie ride or urban salvation?
    You're right. We need to be fiscally smart. This is a mere kiddie ride. We need to be investing in the future. Vox, I always liked your genius thinking. Detroit doesn't need Michael Jackson, we need Walt Disney! Why build the Neverland Ranch when we can have E.P.C.O.T.?

Name:  rocket man2.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  21.6 KB

DetroitDad Guest

Happy April Fools Day to you too, Vox.

Personal Rapid Transit!On sale today at L##&y A@#o S*^#s.Or you could drive slower and have a Personal Not-So-Rapid System.Either way,I got 'em....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3