Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

All I can say is I would not want Robert Bobbs job. But His job is to be the hatchet man.And if you are getting axed, Your not gonna be happy.So on and so forth.
    I have said this before. DPS didn't downsize when they needed to.And to top it off they spent money, Big money on schools that closed soon afterward.Kinda like renovating your kitchen then letting the bank take your house back.
    The district I work for cloed 6 schools at the end of last year.One of them I worked at.Yet the whole 8 years I was there I heard it was gonna close. Was not shocked the day it did.I still work for the schools and see many of the kids that attended the other now closed school.This year has been tough. More kids in one school, Parents, Students, and Staff still adjusting to their new schools.
    When you have a city that at onetime had almost 2 million people, and one day find that over a million have left. Well as I have learned do the math. Burned out, Bombed out houses and vacant fields house almost no one.

Can Rocko or another blogger tell me how to get his list of Detroit schools and the date they were built from the above mentioned Register of Historic Places? I checked the National Register and no Detroit schools were listed. I'm interested in the dates of construction-checking trends to see what decades were most popular for school building.

Send me a private message with your email and I can get you a list.

my kids use to go to glazer but now go to coleman young. i see glazer is on the list to close.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2