Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    "Council members focused their comments primarily on their desire to see the aquarium reopen, but Councilwoman JoAnn Watson said she wants "to make sure this is not backing us into an authority" that the council does not control."

Of course that would be MOTHER Watson's concern, not the Aquarium. What has her obnoxious ass ever done for Belle Isle that she is so deserving of control? Although I bet she's never met a barbeque she didn't like. Her own control, power, and influence come first with her ilk, not the citizens. Glad to see the rest have at least some interest in our well-being.
    Sounds to me like "Mother Watson" wouldn't be in favor of the HMCA taking over one of "Detroit's Crown Jewels"... Belle Isle...

Is anyone else surprised that HCMA doesn't want to come back to the table??

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    "Council members focused their comments primarily on their desire to see the aquarium reopen, but Councilwoman JoAnn Watson said she wants "to make sure this is not backing us into an authority" that the council does not control."

Of course that would be MOTHER Watson's concern, not the Aquarium. What has her obnoxious ass ever done for Belle Isle that she is so deserving of control? Although I bet she's never met a barbeque she didn't like. Her own control, power, and influence come first with her ilk, not the citizens. Glad to see the rest have at least some interest in our well-being.
    That pathetic woman is a shining example of everything that is wrong with the city. She needs to forget about control and focus on being a servant of the people of Detroit and do what's best for Belle Isle.

BTW, the BBQ comment was priceless!

if belle isle remained city owned, but management/maintenance were turned over to a nonprofit like with DIA or the main Zoo, I wonder why this idea hasn't been broached yet.. so many folks in the city "hate" the way city services/amenities are run, but any suggestions of even modest reform [[see Cobo debate, the bus system, etc.) are met with this "anti-takeover" rhetoric with racial overtones.. sigh..
    Last edited by Hypestyles; October-12-11 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    if belle isle remained city owned, but management/maintenance were turned over to a nonprofit like with DIA or the main Zoo, I wonder why this idea hasn't been broached yet.. so many folks in the city "hate" the way city services/amenities are run, but any suggestions of even modest reform [[see Cobo debate, the bus system, etc.) are met with this "anti-takeover" rhetoric with racial overtones.. sigh..
    Just look at the ordeal that the DIA Founders Society had to go thru?? No wonder the HCMA says "no way"!

I think the Founder's Society taking over management of the DIA was the best thing that could have happened to it and would love to see some organization do the same with Belle Isle. Put it in control of people who think and act in terms of whats best for the park, not their own agendas the way idiot's like Watson do.

This is good news. I always hope that the aquarium will reopen someday. I loved that placed as a young child.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2