Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Abandoned Detroit

Now I know that another Detroityes member gave us a spectacular tour of the National Theater Ruins, as well as other places, but some of us like to remain more on the down-low. I do not have any webisodes, websites, books, or anything for that fact pertaining to abandoned Detroit. I have been just about everywhere the city has to offer, and have the pictures to prove the adventures. I simply just don't post them much becuase the city has been on an abandoned building lock-down all year. In large part this is due to all of the exploitation of the abandoned buildings. I would rather try to keep the buildings open for all explorers/photographers to go into, but unfortanately other people come into the buildings as well. They come in a destroy the beautiful details, architecture, and furnishigns in the buildings. It is just so sad . So for personal reasons and persoanl choice, I choose to not post many of my pics, but I have and will post some from time to time. This is the National Theater. A definite sign of a crippled city that was once all-so elegant. Enjoy..

Name:  106.jpg
Views: 1447
Size:  45.0 KB.
    Last edited by detroitbob66; March-27-11 at 02:55 PM.