Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Dearborn was the only large urban city in the state that actually saw its population increase. Every other urban city in the state lost population. With all the factors working against cities like Dearborn, how did they manage to add new residents and what can we learn from that?
    Probably foreign immigration. I believe it worked to Hamtramck's advantage as well.

Definitely immigration. From all over the Middle East. It's not exactly all flowers and sunshine over there right now. And, yes, I tend to think of Dearborn as Detroit's city-suburb. It's like two cities in one, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Definitely immigration. From all over the Middle East. It's not exactly all flowers and sunshine over there right now. And, yes, I tend to think of Dearborn as Detroit's city-suburb. It's like two cities in one, actually.
    That's the answer I'm looking for. Herny Ford created the New Mecca "New Little Islam" for Arab Muslim descent. It's was 1900, automobile production was only to be created for rich. Henry Ford change that. He started the five dollar a day assembly line for his workers. But he needed more.

In the meantime in the middle eastern nations, The Ottoman Turks are losing some territories, European Imperialism and world colonialization is slowly losing power. The silk and opium trade was increasing in China and the Europeans want it. This cause the opium and silk production in some Middle Eastern Nations to slow down. Also the Brittish and Americans has found a humongous oil supply in Iraq, Iran and later Saudi Arabia. However they have hold on the land and its puppet leaders. Even up to World War I and founding of the League of Nations, Brittian gain more "Protectorate" powers and held Arab Muslims free themselves for Ottoman Rule and build new independent nations. The Rothschildian Banks help out with its oil world trade. Therefore Arab Muslims losing most of their land, farming, Opium and Silk trades.

Henry Ford came to them and ask them to come to America and work in my factories. Most Arabs say yes. By 1910 The Yemeni Muslims moved to an area what once Dearbornville and Springwells TWP. on Dix and Vernor Ave. Now we called it "ARABIAN VILLAGE" The community is still there and thriving.

Dearbornville has been annexed to Dearborn while Sprigwells TWP. was annexed to Detroit.

Most of the Arab families work at Ford Motor Company Rouge Plant until they brought their families for differn Middle-Eastern nations. They build up shops and build mosques. By the 1960s The Arabs Yemenis and Lebanese Muslims migrated to some parts of SW Detroit neighborhoods but that didn't last [[Some of them still live there today and slowly growing) Most of them moved up to W. Warren Ave from Lonyo/ Wyoming Ave. and spread further west. [[ Some of them tried to move further pass Tireman Ave. and up to Grand River and Plymouth St. in Detroit's West Side. However they divert back to Dearborn due to sudden growth of black families moving over there.

At the time "East Dearborn" was mostly German and Italian community. Most of them don't want them over there. Mayor Orville Hubbard make sure that his goon squad will keep them out. After Hubbard died, more Arabs were filling up all of "East Dearborn" neighborhoods. By 1980 Arabs are dominate race in W. Warren Rd. from Detroit border to Greenfield Rd. and so on. I say that Arabs saved Dearborn from its urban plight and the businesses draw people from all over the Metro-Detroit Area.

WORD FROM STREET PROPHET

Because changing a community take action and arguments for Neda's sake.
    Last edited by Danny; March-25-11 at 04:13 PM.