In short, my question is what happened to it?

The area I'm foscusing on specifically is what was the neighborhood south of Jefferson, west of the Conner Creek Pumping Station [[also west of where the Chrysler-Plymouth plant was) and east of the Jefferson Village Shopping Center.

Some of the blocks were Glover, Lycaste, Hart, Terminal and Hillger. The cross streets IIRC were Edilie, Lysette and Freud.

Like most of Detroit's neighborhood at the time it was vibrant and densely populated with plenty of retail establishments lined up along Jefferson [[the only notable one I know of was a Burger King at the corner of Hillger and Jefferson). Now unfortunately if you took a drive around this area you wouldn't have ever known hundreds of people used to call that area home.

Now I've heard vague stories about the demise of that area, and the stories I've heard are similar to the demise of the St. Cyril neighborhood. I was told in the 1970s there were plans in the works to build some type of industrial park of warehouse in that area, and some time around 1980 when the plans were supposedly finalized the area and its residents were cleared out. In anticipation of the newly built plant the neighborhood's infrastructure was ripped up. But unfortunately just like the land over in the St. Cyril area the land in the St. Jean/Jefferson area is reverting back to nature as apparently whatever big plans were supposed to happen in this area fell through.

But what I would like to know is what's the story behind this long gone neighborhood? Did anyone on DYes live or grow up in that neighborhood? If so, do you have any experiences you would like to share? Most importantly, what were the finer details behind that plant the city had for the neighborhood?