Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by adamjab19 View Post
    I say it's not the color of the skin it's the lack of "normal" social graces with poor people. Black, white, green or brown schools in, and kids from poor areas and families make a good school/area go bad. Hell even when I was in school 15 years ago it was the poor kids acting like bully's and causing general distress among students and teachers.

My mom is a school secretary in UCS and sees it too and my friend teaches at Dakota and sees it with the new influx and availability of houses/apartments in these areas that the ghetto people [[whites or blacks) are moving in and slumming up.

Let's make it clear. I feel most people like diversity they just don't want to deal with the poor half of the population no matter the color of their skin. They just don't act right. Ask any "white" and that area is Hazel Park or wherever. Ask any "black" and it's the ghetto "blacks" from Detroit. And don't tell me otherwise. I have heard from black people as to how ashamed they are of how some black people act and same with white people and our white trash types.

Of course the only way to fix this problem is state mandated chastity belts for those living in the state poverty level. Or classes on how to act when transferring from one way of living to the next. You know, show some of these people around a bed bath and beyond and show them how to measure for some curtains instead of the daily newspaper or keeping their legs shut if they can barely afford anything. They just simply lack REASONING and LOGIC.
    My sister took one of my nephews to his hockey game. They were playing against a team in the Schoolcraft and Evergreen area. She was telling me when they play in that area, the parents act horrible. They yell, curse, spit, and throw things at the kids of the opposing team, as they come out of the locker room. This area of Detroit is the only team they play where this occurs.

They spit at the kids. Would you do that at your kids hockey or baseball game? There is a different culture and values around there.

Quote Originally Posted by adamjab19 View Post
    I say it's not the color of the skin it's the lack of "normal" social graces with poor people. Black, white, green or brown schools in, and kids from poor areas and families make a good school/area go bad. Hell even when I was in school 15 years ago it was the poor kids acting like bully's and causing general distress among students and teachers.

My mom is a school secretary in UCS and sees it too and my friend teaches at Dakota and sees it with the new influx and availability of houses/apartments in these areas that the ghetto people [[whites or blacks) are moving in and slumming up.

Let's make it clear. I feel most people like diversity they just don't want to deal with the poor half of the population no matter the color of their skin. They just don't act right. Ask any "white" and that area is Hazel Park or wherever. Ask any "black" and it's the ghetto "blacks" from Detroit. And don't tell me otherwise. I have heard from black people as to how ashamed they are of how some black people act and same with white people and our white trash types.

Of course the only way to fix this problem is state mandated chastity belts for those living in the state poverty level. Or classes on how to act when transferring from one way of living to the next. You know, show some of these people around a bed bath and beyond and show them how to measure for some curtains instead of the daily newspaper or keeping their legs shut if they can barely afford anything. They just simply lack REASONING and LOGIC.
    ADAMJAB19
    Well stated outstanding post friend!

Buy American Guest

Then, of course, teachers have to put up with this sort of thing from parents all the time...

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...mentary-school

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    My sister took one of my nephews to his hockey game. They were playing against a team in the Schoolcraft and Evergreen area. She was telling me when they play in that area, the parents act horrible. They yell, curse, spit, and throw things at the kids of the opposing team, as they come out of the locker room. This area of Detroit is the only team they play where this occurs.

They spit at the kids. Would you do that at your kids hockey or baseball game? There is a different culture and values around there.

Well, I would think that this would be front page news if parents of kids on a hockey team, even in Brightmoor, were yelling, cursing, spitting and throwing things at the kids of the opposing team. In fact, I believe it would make national news. Perhaps it is my own ignorance of the area to be surprised that there not only is a hockey team there, but that there is ice in the area and games that are regularly attended by parents of the kids who live there. Like I said, maybe I'm just ignorant to it, or maybe I'm just feeling the vibration of a barely-veiled ---ist point.

I'm going with Adamjab's explanation.

GUSHI Guest

Look whats happening in Southfield, middle class blacks don't want, ghetto blacks in their neighborhood/schools. I don't blame them, samething with school, when I have kids I'm gonna do the what is best for my kids. I went from a mixed catholic highschool[[also attended a mixed elmenatry school)to a 99.9 percent white public school. The students at the catholic school were mostly educated, I was friends with some of the black kids at my public highschool and they use to complain about relatives, being jealous of their parents and calling them sellouts. I just think its funny, why would anyone want their kids in schools with trouble makers, white or black.

The first people who run from a school or a neighborhood generally are not running because something bad has already happened. They run because they fear something will happen/change and they don't want to be around when it does. Well, when enough of them run with their resources and their ability to influence things for the better [[if they had a mind to), then what we get is the proverbial self-fulfilling prophecy. There are not enough "well-mannered" people to control the tempo, the scales have tipped to the other side and they feel justified in having left in the first place.

Of course, people are entitiled to not be part of a social experiment. But those who have not attempted to impact things for the better have less right to complain about how things are - IMO.

This is from someone who grew up poor, but well-mannered. My parents taught us general good behavior and the lady next door taught us social etiquette.

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    Well, I would think that this would be front page news if parents of kids on a hockey team, even in Brightmoor, were yelling, cursing, spitting and throwing things at the kids of the opposing team. In fact, I believe it would make national news. Perhaps it is my own ignorance of the area to be surprised that there not only is a hockey team there, but that there is ice in the area and games that are regularly attended by parents of the kids who live there. Like I said, maybe I'm just ignorant to it, or maybe I'm just feeling the vibration of a barely-veiled ---ist point.

I'm going with Adamjab's explanation.
    http://www.detroithockey.org/

My mistake, the arena is actually closer to Schoolcraft and Meyers past Greenfield, not Evergreen.

I'm sure it was set to make the news right after the latest vehicle break-in Downtown, and the Robinwood drivebys that Marabel repeatedly complained about.
    Last edited by DetroitDad; March-25-11 at 11:41 AM.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    http://www.detroithockey.org/

My mistake, the arena is actually closer to Schoolcraft and Meyers past Greenfield, not Evergreen.

I'm sure it was set to make the news right after the latest vehicle break-in Downtown, and the Robinwood drivebys that Marabel repeatedly complained about.
    We know, bad white kids are worse than bad kids of other races don't get press and don't get caught when they do bad because there is a secret society out there that covers these sorts of things up. Like an Eddie Murphy skit. The idea that there might just be bad kids of all races is ridiculous. That's why so many high schools play their football games in the afternoons now.

I doubt that I'm "color-blind," and perhaps I'm stupid or hard of hearing, or all of the above...but I've lived all over this great metro area and don't see the conspiracies those you know apparently experience regularly.

It's OK to be an apologist, but I'm calling BS on stories of parents literally spitting on and throwing things at children on opposing teams and other people asking you if you are sending your kids to a "black school." It reeks of self-righteousness.

I think Oakland County is becoming a fascinating study in race and school choice.

Look at the affluent areas directly to the north and west of Southfield. The public schools in this area are rapidly becoming more black. I would assume these blacks are of the same general economic class [[which is to say affuent) as the non-blacks.

So what will happen? Will whites [[or, more broadly, non-blacks) stay or flee? These are not Warren-like communities [[no offense to Warren); these are some of the richest cities in Michigan.

Examples-

Birmingham Groves, which serves Franklin, Beverly Hills and Bingham Farms. Previously almost all white and Asian, it now has a significant black population. This is an affluent area by any standard.

Berkley High, which serves Berkley, Huntington Woods, and a small portion of Oak Park. More economically mixed than Groves [[with both nice and working class areas) but previously all white. Now a rapidly expanding black population.

West Bloomfield High, which has really seen a massive increase in black population almost overnight. I mean, so fast that it's like the changes in Southfield schools in the 80's and 90's. So is West Bloomfield the new Southfield?

All the Farmington high schools have also had large black increases [[especially Harrison), and even Novi is seeing large increases.

In contrast, there appears to be a "white stronghold" area just to the north. Bloomfield Hills Andover and Birmingham Seaholm don't have many blacks, and ethnic change has been very slow. These high schools cover arguably the most affluent neighborhoods in Michigan.

So where will these school districts be 20 years from now? Diverse and wealthy, or segregated and challenged? Can affluence and diversity coexist, and will rich white folks send their kids to mixed schools?

Bham1892 sez..... "In contrast, there appears to be a "white stronghold" area just to the north. Bloomfield Hills Andover and Birmingham Seaholm don't have many blacks, and ethnic change has been very slow. These high schools cover arguably the most affluent neighborhoods in Michigan.

So where will these school districts be 20 years from now? Diverse and wealthy, or segregated and challenged? Can affluence and diversity coexist, and will rich white folks send their kids to mixed schools?"

Through the School of Choice program. More blacks and ethnic people will filling those classrooms. Another option for Bloomfield Public Schools is not to accept the School of Choice Program and lose more state funding.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4