Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    I heard on WWJ this afternoon that Matty's group is planning to put a new roof on MCD and add new windows. I will believe it when I see it.
    Cant find a link but will keep looking.
    Sounds like he wants to seal it up. City officials have been pressuring him to renovate it or tear it down. This sounds like one of two things: 1) he may have an interested party, and this is simply phase one while they put together a more comprehensive redevelopment plan, or more likely 2) he is doing as the Ilitches did a few years ago with the United Artists Building. He probably figures that the city would settle for him cleaning the building up and replacing windows making the building look less blighted, etc. If he is to put new windows on, he has to put a new roof on to keep moisture out of the building, otherwise that will cause mold and other issues. My money's on 2. He really doesn't seem to want to tear it down. Seems like, if nothing else, he is buying himself time to allow the economy to improve a bit more to where there may be more interested parties.
    Last edited by esp1986; March-22-11 at 04:27 PM.