Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
No, I'm not angry. It's just another one of those stupid things we've seen over and over: where residents of our increasingly sickly suburbs puff their chests because, well, they're not as bad as the city they denigrate... and we all swirl down together...
Dnerd, I was maybe a bit harsh with the angry, and I do think this guy is from Toledo. I'm not joking when I suggested that it could be even more territorial than city-suburb.

I also think, however, that there are any number of articles written just as poorly [[see anything the Freep has written about the effect of the movie credit cuts recently, for example, which is far more misleading and denigrating to the intelligence of an average reader than telling everyone to "gear up" for Detroit's population figures), and that sometimes the reaction to this stuff is a bit too...sensitive.

...and mwilbert is probably right about the low expectations. I admit that part of the reason I didn't really find anything wrong with it is because it really isn't much different than what we get from either paper day in and day out anymore.