Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Georgia Street Community Collective - New Event!

The Georgia Street Community Collective's next event:

Yard Sale/Bake Sale
    Saturday, May 16th
    10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
    9352 Georgia St., Detroit MI
    All proceeds will go toward the Building Fund
    for the Community Center

Donations of clothing, household goods or other items [[Please be sure they are clean and in good condition) are welcomed. They can be dropped off at the address above anytime between now and Friday, May 15th.

Donations of fresh baked goods are also welcomed. These should be dropped off at the same address either Friday the 15th or very early Saturday the 16th. Be sure they are in disposable containers. Please label each package with all the ingredients.

If have any questions e-mail or call Mark at 313-452-0684
    or
    If you plan to donate any item, please send an e-mail to georgiast313@yahoo.com
    and tell us what you are donating and when you will bring it.

Bring your family and friends to shop!

Last edited by Blueidone; April-29-09 at 10:38 AM.

*****Bump*****

What a great idea!

Should we include an ingredient list on each package of our baked goods?

Very good idea, Crystal! Yes...please include all the ingredients. [[thanks for thinking of that!)

We've got stuff! We're going to go through the closets and the garage this weekend. We might have a couple of "big ticket" items [[or at least medium ticket)--once we're sure of it, I'll send an e-mail.

!!!bump!!!

Sumas, I am sorry! I have been so busy lately I forget to tell people what I am doing.
    I have been meeting with other organizations trying to pick there brains on other funding options just to get the community center up and running. Also planting and getting the third garden prepped for planting. I have decided that the Georgia St Community Garden II [[The Ruby Garden corner of Georgia and McClellan) will be our potatoe and corn patch this year.
    I am in the planning stages of having a summer concert/open mic series in the garden. Board meeting tomorrow so stay tuned.
    We have nine fruit trees waiting to be planted in the orchard. I am going to set up a couple workdays this weekto clear some small trees and to plant them. Monday evening 6:00pm to 8:30pm and Tuesday evening 6:00pm to 8:30pm.

So far we have collards, Cabbage red and green, Kale, 3 types of lettuce, broccoli and Peas planted in the GSCG.
    I met a couple guys this past week that wanted to know if we were letting people plant their own little plots. Of course that is welcomed. I am also thinking of expanding The Holcomb St Garden[[Sapphire) just for this. They came out and started planting seeds.
    The soil this year is 100 times better than last. Every shovel full has worms and is soft. Putting the beds to bed with grass clippings and leaves seem to be doing the trick.

I will be keeping you updating throughout this growing season on progress, efforts, and events.
    Last edited by cub; May-03-09 at 08:03 AM.

Cub, I have great admiration for you. Please don't stop doing what you are doing.

No chance of that Vetalalumni!!! and ThankYou!!

Hey Cub do you have anything against hybrid seeds?. I got some free corn seed and I don't think that I'll mess with corn this year. Have stuff and other stuff you might use.

Nope Red I have nothing against them...I will take them.

I'll look up what I got and send the seeds, As for the bigger stuff I'll watch the weather.

This afternoon we e-mailed georgiast313@yahoo.com with a list of the items we would like to donate to the yard sale. Our big car has been packed with the first load and we are awaiting the OK to deliver.

**Bump**...and thanks Crystal! Your list is stupendous!

Friday night Bump!

REMINDER!

YARD SALE - BAKE SALE
    THIS SATURDAY - MAY 16TH
    10 AM TO 4 PM

9352 GEORGIA ST - DETROIT

Please come by and do a little shopping. Help us grow our Building Construction Fund for our Community Center.

GSCC is a registered 501[[c)3 charitable organization.

Are cash donations accepted?

Yes ejames01.
    And thank you!!

Final Reminder for the Yard Sale/Bake Sale! Lots of great items, including TV's, Furniture, Appliances, Clothing, Baby Clothes and Strollers and LOTS of books!

Please come by and do a little shopping...if nothing else, for some GREAT baked goods!

Hope the day went great! I've been very busy and have not been able to be in touch as frequently the past weeks, but I am thinking of you guys.

Cub- thanks! Cookies, brownies are excellent. Blueidone, very nice meeting and chatting with you!

LodgeDodger Guest

Was good to see you, Cub. Great meeting you Blue! Pgn, when were you there?

Lodger- I think it was around 2pm that we were there.

Thanks both of you! It was great meeting and talking with you as well. Thank you very much for helping to make our 1st Yard Sale a success, despite the lousy weather this morning. There was a pretty good turn out and quite a bit of the merchandise got sold. The yummy baked goods disappeared pretty well too! As soon as all the final numbers are in, we will let you know how much was raised.

The tentative plan is to hold another yard sale within a few weeks. Further information will be posted as soon as plans are finalized.

I am so glad to hear that you are planning to hold another sale in a few weeks! I had planned to drop off a bunch of stuff on the day this week that it rained like crazy. So I was hoping to do so yesterday before leaving for Chicago and didn't have the chance, unfortunately.

At any rate - it's good to know I have a second chance and also glad to hear it was a success!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast