Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Richard, your map would make the "new" Detroit Train Station and Detroit's State of Michigan office building [[in the former GM HQ) be in Hamtramck instead of Detroit, plus the Fisher Building, the Argonaut Buildint [[now part of the College for Creative Studies), New Center One Building, and the former Albert Kahn Building. Also it would give Hamtramck part of Boston Edison Historic District and the entire Poletown plant.

Also, if I read your map right... the remaining part of Boston Edison [[and the Cathedral of the Archdiocese of Detroit) would become a Detroit peninnsula surrounded on 3 sides by Highland Park to the north, and Hamtramck to the east and south.

That would be wonderful for Hamtramck... but awful for Detroit...

The boundaries could be changed, I found it hard to find a map that had specific lines.

My whole thought was to find a way to relive the pressure on Detroit a bit it seems to be a situation of living in a 5000 sqft house with a budget of a 900 sqft house.

I read the article of the child that died in a church while waiting for an ambulance that was dispatched in not the most efficient way because the city had not paid the software license,that is sad, so how can Detroit dig out of such a deep hole.

Shared resources sounds good but I have also seen cases of when for instance one of the cities does not reimburse the other then you are back to not providing the best service to the taxpayer ,or police calls were delayed because of boundary issues or confusions etc.

I do not know maybe it is because I am in this mode of trying to absorb every little bit of information as I possibly can in a short amount of time but I am having a tough time seeing how and with as bad as things look when it comes to basic services and the lack of it just seems as something really drastic needs to happen fast or can the surrounding burbs relieve some of the pressure?

Detroit knows that it needs density which is easer to control with less resources ,the green-space sounds all and nice but it still presents a large footprint that needs to serviced or it will become a dangerous no mans land in between the city and suburbs.

So I do not know thats why I am throwing this out there, can changing boundaries relieve some of the burden on Detroit as we already know that the footprint is way more then she needs in the future and can the surrounding suburbs absorb some of that burden without endangering their financial standing.Maybe not without a give and take situation.