Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

From my travels around the state following my nephew's wrestling team, it seems that more than the metro area has suffered population loss. Alma, comes to mind as a small college town which had taken some massive [[when accounting for scale) hits during the last decade or so, having closed their oil refinery and an aluminum boat building industry, among others.... Something like 500+ jobs gone, a drop in the bucket by shear numbers, but in a small town this equals devastation. For example, they built a brand new high school that is only something like at half its designed capacity [[-- This last bit is hearsay, I don't have the actual numbers, but it looked underutilized). Anyway I was sure that I read last year that as a state we expected population loss in 63 out of our 83 counties. Does anyone know if those numbers held true?

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg81 View Post
    Anyway I was sure that I read last year that as a state we expected population loss in 63 out of our 83 counties. Does anyone know if those numbers held true?

I will be real interested when the Census Bureau puts of the state by state, county by county, and city by city numbers. US House and state House and Senate redistricting will be a real battle. Lots and lots of court cases.