In discussions with my fellow genealogists, who have traced their family tree that came to Detroit, from Europe, between World War I and World War II a subject came up that we would appreciate some input. Many were women with children and no husband. The men were killed during the war. The US was going through bad economic times with the onset of the depression. Some turned to illegal, unethical means to feed their children and survive. Detroit had many blind pigs [[illegal drinking bars) that they worked in, besides others things. The input I would like is, are illegal, unethical acts always wrong or understandable due to the position we are in? I recently thought of this while watching what is happening in Japan. Right now the people are orderly but when the adults see their children starving, they may do some things that last month they wouldn’t have…..With the employment market down here in Detroit even now some of our friends / relatives are having some questionable behavior. I don’t know the answers but maybe someone on this board can share their views….Thank You