Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

We had our first "test" outing last Friday. It went really well, we collected 7 bags of trash and swept the sidewalks. We were on a time constraint so we only accomplished from M-10 to Trumbll. Still 7 bags of trash is an improvement to the avenue, even if it is minimal.

When I say "test" outing, I brought down 6 of my WSU friends and cleaned part of the avenue, so I would be better prepared to handle a larger group on a later date down the road.

Nice work. Let me know when you are planning to meet again.

Thanks for making this worthwhile job a reality French. I'm living in Connecticut at the moment, but if I'm around during the summer and you've got a clean up day planned, I'll make the effort to be there if possible. Among the bus stop waiters, sidewalk meanderers, and parallel parkers, some might appreciate it!

We are having another Clean-up, Sunday May 15th at 2pm. Meet in front of the DTE Energy monument at 2pm. There is free parking at the MGM Garage. email me at mi.avenue.coalition@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Another cleanup is Tomorrow, Saturday, May 21st at 2pm. Meet by the DTE Energy monument at Bagley and 3rd. Hope to see some of you there!

What did you accomplish this time around French? I'm following along from home in Connecticut

We picked up a total of 11 bags of trash, and emptied several trash receptacles along Michigan Avenue. Which brings the total trash collected to 18 bags of trash since I started this coalition in Late March. We do have a Facebook page too if you want to receive more frequent updates.

This is semi-related from today's Detroit Free Press:

Wayne

DETROIT
    Officials will hold a meeting Sept. 7, 2011 so the public can learn about improvements coming to a stretch of Michigan Avenue in 2012.

The Michigan Department of Transportation, along with representatives from the Greening of Detroit and the Southwest Detroit Business Association, will be on hand 4-6 p.m. for an open house meeting at the Gaelic League of Detroit, 2068 Michigan Ave.

MDOT said it will spend about $260,000 to upgrade sidewalks, plant trees and install bike racks, trash receptacles and brick pavers along Michigan between 14th Street and Rosa Parks Boulevard.

The project is expected to start in the spring.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rosa Parks is the current western end of the brick paver-stretch of the road which is in place past the old site of Tiger Stadium east to the Lodge. Are they going to put down new pavers on the 14th-12th Street segments? This improvement will be smack in the middle of Phil Cooley alley.

French, do you have a link to the Facebook page? I tried to search, but no luck.

Stromberg2

French777 If you ever decide to do a cleanup of Michigan Ave again let me know I'd love to help.

Default Michigan Ave. Cleanup.

Here is the link to the Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michig...01790929848756

I did read that article today! Great News for Michigan Avenue!

Our next cleanup is Sept. 10th at 10am. Meeting at the DTE Energy monument/sign at Bagley and Third. Free Parking is available at MGM Grand parking structure.

You should do some cleanups in the evening so people like me can attend since I have school/work in the mornings. I would have loved to attended

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2