Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    You do know who owns Arturo's, yes?
    Okay, I'll bite. Who owns Arturo's?

NO! I can't believe I hadn't yet heard that! Thanks, Detroit.
    Last edited by LodgeDodger; May-15-09 at 10:31 PM.

Art Blackwell

MIRepublic Guest

Isn't this question really kind of easy to answer? Detroiters don't much mind suburbs whose leadership doesn't incessently antagonize and scapegoat them for their own problems, and Southfield is just one of many inner-ring suburbs [[both majority black and majority white ones) that the city doesn't have many problems with. The city works well with the suburbs that want to work well with them. But, thanks for trying to make it all about race, though, Nick. How predictable.
    Last edited by MIRepublic; May-15-09 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIRepublic View Post
    Isn't this question really kind of easy to answer? Detroiters don't much mind suburbs whose leadership doesn't incessently antagonize and scapegoat them for their own problems, and Southfield is just one of many inner-ring suburbs [[both majority black and majority white ones) that the city doesn't have many problems with. The city works well with the suburbs that want to work well with them. But, thanks for trying to make it all about race, though, Nick. How predictable.
    oh come on now. it's a two way street. detroit can't blame all the problems on racist suburbs and the suburbs can't blame it all on detroit. it's a collective problem in our region and both sides are to blame.

MIRepublic Guest

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything Nick was talking about. Nick thought he was making a clever insinuation [[and, one based off of just about nothing tangible) that Southfield is never talked about, or that when it is it's talked about neutrally or favorably, because it's majority black, and he was called on it. His so-called "reality" is about as "real" as MTV's Real World until he can show without little more than insinuating that Detroit only has friendly relations with the few black-majority suburbs in the region.

Detroit has friendly and cooperative relations with all kinds of surrounding municipalities. If he wants to make slanderous insinuation about the city, otherwise, than the burden of proof is on him, the one that made the claim. If, in fact, you rarely hear about Southfield from Detroiters it's because Detroit only responds negatively to those places that have initiated unfriendly relationships with it.
    Last edited by MIRepublic; May-16-09 at 01:54 AM.

wow... strong stuff there! Well, you're right in that I can't offer proof... there's no way for me to prove that I've never heard something right? So you've got me there.

Although I have to quote "But, thanks for trying to make it all about race, though, Nick. How predictable." Have I created a track-record for myself of always making things racial? That would be the only thing that would make my comment predictable.

But... well, let me put it this way... has ANYONE ever heard anyone in Detroit politics say word one about Blackwell [[which, yes of course I'm aware that he owns it), who LOVES THE CITY [[and, well, Highland Park I suppose too), having put his club four miles into the SUBURBS? After all, the Jay Leno free shows having been in the suburbs created weeks of controversy.