Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Have you learned why there's three prefixes for the US? Does it identify region or something?

Quote Originally Posted by wherecarsaremade View Post
    Hello, I am the infamous blogger of wherecarsaremade.com.

First and foremost, I am one person. I am not some media conglomerate or media type. I am an engineer in the auto industry and live in Michigan. I help design the cars you drive everyday. I made this blog as an experiment to determine where cars are actually made, not where we think they are made. I did not intend to create chaos on your forums.

Second, some people have questioned where I get my information from. I get it right off the window stickers of the cars on the dealer lot. I don’t quote news sources because I am not using them. Sorry if the information I provide is difficult to digest, but these facts are directly on the vehicle’s window sticker [[printed by the manufacturer) and exactly as the consumer sees it. My source is mentioned in both the “about” entry and “comparison” entry of the blog. Maybe in the future, I will include the VIN number as my citation, but the VIN typically only provides where the vehicles were assembled. More about that later.
    Wherecarsaremade, the only issue that I have with your webpage is that your summaries lead the reader to believe these are definitive figures across the entire industry. Don't you think it's a little irresponsible to present summaries based on a handful of car samples? Not all Camrys, Accords, and Altimas sold in the U.S. are built here and surely, the same thing holds true for their transmissions and the rest of their content. I know that your "About" section explains your methodology, but as you may have noticed some people who have posted on this forum take your summaries as definitive for the entire industry, and I imagine that many of your other visitors have done the same. I sincerely appreciate your efforts to get info out to the general public, I only fear that the general public may not account for the limitations of your methodology.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3