Whenever I think of the Film Exchange Building [[a C. Howard Crane designed building).. it makes me smile...

Back when the first announcement was made for a new baseball stadium, it was going to be located in west Foxtown. The owners of that building immediately started a renovation program on that building by putting in new windows and other upgrades.

Well the eventual Eminent Domain for the building never happened, because the Lions were planning on leaving the Silverdome and wanted to move next door to the new baseball stadium... so they moved the site to east Foxtown [[where they are today).

Once the decision was made to move the baseball stadium footprint to another site... all building activity on the Film Exchange Building immediately stopped... and nothing has happened to it since.

If Mike Ilitch does build a new hockey arena in west Foxtown, then likely the smaller footprint will go as far north as Montcalm... thus missing the Film Exchange Building. Also, Eminent Domain can no longer be used for stadium or arena construction, so a large swath of empty land around the arena will likely not happen like it did with the Stadia district.

So I don't forsee the Ilitch's wanting to pay what will likely be a very steep price for that building.