Hey there.

I am student from the very small Denmark. I am writing a big project on “real life COP-shows in Detroit”.
My main intent is to find out how real life COP-shows in Detroit create and present a specific picture of how Detroit is in the editing room, and I want to find out whether that picture match with how the ”real Detroit” is. I want to find the answer by studying specific episodes of the COP-shows ”The first 48” and ____ - well, another real life COP-show. Any ideas to what it could be?

The main problem is that I live in Denmark. It is difficult to know what’s important when writing about such a subject, when I do not live in the US. I don’t know what is important to mention, what I should find out or just where to start looking.

I want to answer these questions…
1. what is happening in Detroit? It is difficult to answer, but I will try answering it by comparing different texts.
2. What picture does the viewer get of Detroit only based on the COP-shows ”The first 48” and the other one?
3. Then I will compare the two answers reached in [[1) and [[2).

So any ideas? Maybe some related articles, videos/movies/cop-shows/etc. that I could watch, songs/poems that I could hear/read, someone I could contact who has studied something alike this subject or whatever comes to mind?

I would be most grateful