Born and raised in Detroit from 1949 to 1983. Grew up on the East side. Attended grade school at Assumption Grotto at Gratiot and 6 mile Rd. Graduated from Notre Dame H.S in 1967. Worked for the City of Detroit Personnel Dept till 1983. Moved to Cape Coral, Fl in SW Fla till present. Find myself wanting to return to my roots. Have followed many posts here reminising of the past and realizing the best days were there in Detroit and Michigan! Have an oppertunity not quite to return to Detroit but to a suburb just outside the city. May have to wait till it gets warmer..83 here in SW Florida today. Plan is to renew relationship with long time friend, convince her to spend the cold months down here. Actually looking forward to revisitng the Tiger, Lions and Wings! The ethnicity of the area, revisiting old neighborhoods, special places, vising Mt Olivat where my family resides, looking up old friends etc.Florida is and has been great...raised a family,but Detroit despite all its warts and short comings, all the negative press, still in my heart is and can restore its previous greatness and status. Heck, maybe I can move into the city and run for city council! Imagine a former 31 yr resident returning to the city after being away for 30 yrs getting involved in the City of Detroit!. Have seen some similar posts lately on the same subject. All good signs for the future of Detroit!