Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ja!mz View Post
    Best fish fry

Yum! But I always liked St. Gregory, too [[Dexter near Fenkell). Catfish, hush puppies, etc.

If anyone is interested in a lunch fish fry not far from Downtown, I called St. Francis and their fish frys are each Friday in Lent from 11:00 - 6:00. I think the cost last year was $6, the dinner was excellent. St. Francis is at the corner of Wesson and Buchanan in SW Detroit, just a little east of Livernois and a couple blocks north of Michigan Ave. You can see the steeples of the church from Livernois.

I'm not Catholic but St. Francis also does something called "Stations of the Cross" inside the church on some Fridays in Lent. I have been to the church, I think it is incredible, it may be prettier than Sweetest Heart of Mary.

Both St. Francis and the Gaelic League have better fish than what I had when I visited England and Scotland. And at the Gaelic League one can have a beer to go with the fish.
    Last edited by kryptonite; March-10-11 at 07:25 AM.

I looove Freddy's Fish and Chips in Redford..[[or Brightmoor?). The outdated decor is the best part, haha.

St. Mary's Royal Oak has a nice All You Can Eat Fish Fry for $9.50. Fried and baked fish; baked potato, french fries, mac & cheese; cole slaw and salad. Desserts available too.

Did Sweetest Heart of Mary, fish fry last nite.
    Excellent!

Sweetest Heart of Mary was excellent!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2