Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Higher gas tax

I don't buy $4 cups of coffee and even if I did, two bad investments doesn't make them both right. Lets do the math: 1 piece per cent of increase x a 15 cent increase x 52 weeks per year = 780 pieces of gum per year. At 16 cents a piece, thats an additional $125 per year for a total bill of $285 per year plus registration. More for those that drive above average miles or get below average fuel efficiency. I'll pay it if they quit writing laws that destroy my car and what was bought with last year's $160 per motorist.

We have experiencing higher gas prices as a roller coaster ride for the past 40 years. Even from the days of the OPEC oil crisis where over 70% of the gas stations in the United States experience "NO GAS!" which led to the Japanese automobile industries to get heavy and produce fuel efficient cars and the Big Three sunk. When these gas prices increase don't pout or panic. It will go down when world demand or politicial foriegn conflicts end.

Last year our gas prices in Michigan reach up to $4.20 a gallon causing people to make drastic decisions about transportation to buying a new car from the Big Three.

Face it folks. The Arabs, Canadians, Russians and Venezuelians produce 70% of the world's oil and this nation gets the most of it next to China. The U.S. and Antartica has the most oil desposits in Earth, but government bureaucracy and enviromental lobbyists said "HANDS OFF!" Until we find alternative sources of fuel to drive our "guzzle-mobiles" Oil and gas through foriegn importation is king.

Quote Originally Posted by Roq View Post
    Agreed until they figure out how to make repairs LAST. I can drive into Ohio, Canada, Illinois, etc.. and their roads in no way equal the piss poor shape ours are in.
    I moved to Toledo last fall to take a job as a field rep, and it the past 8 months I've driven 70,000 miles across the midwest. Michigan has more isolated terrible spots [[I275/I94 interchange, which broke my Aerostar), but overall the roads are not much worse than IN or OH The IN toll road costs $6.75 to drive from end to end, and it is in terrible shape [[it's been privatized). Also, many state and US highways in OH have deplorable grades, and no shoulders. MI's roads are much safer to drive on, and the signage is also far superior.

we'll see.. if it's 10 cents, okay.. if it's $2 bucks, um, no..

how about a tire tax?.. push for more recycling of rubber..

This is for all of you that think higher taxes lead to better roads.

LANSING, Mich. [[AP) - Michigan's state parks need fix-up money.

But a plan to drop park entrance fees and instead ask drivers to pay higher vehicle registration fees may stall.

Under the legislation, park visitors no longer would pay $6 for a daily sticker or $24 for an annual pass.

Instead, motorists could pay $10 when applying for or renewing their license plate every year. In return, they would get unlimited access to state parks, forests, recreation areas and boating sites.

Motorists could choose not to pay the fee and to stay out of the parks.

Supporters say the plan would provide more money to fix up the state's aging parks and recreation areas.

Opponents say vehicle registration fees should be used only to improve crumbling roads.

Wait until we're riding the maglev train! These guyshave snookered a lot of gullible fools. No wonder Lansing politicians are embracing it.

http://detnews.com/article/20090615/...rail-prototype

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Wait until we're riding the maglev train! These guyshave snookered a lot of gullible fools. No wonder Lansing politicians are embracing it.

http://detnews.com/article/20090615/...rail-prototype

I know a way to get public funding.

I'll tell them that Matty Moroun wants to privately fund the same thing. They'll throw public funding at it then. Unlike the OTSC, I know how to play this game.

Trainman Guest

If they put in writing to give the FULL ten percent of the state fuel tax to existing transit systems such as SMART and DDOT then I'm for this.

Unfortunately, the purpose of the SMART property tax next August 2010 is to replace the state fuel tax and not augment it. If our state matched federal grants for SMART and DDOT then maybe cities like Livonia would come back

Please support Bring Back SMART to Livonia and southeast Michigan

Go to Google and type save fuel tax. See first website

Still fighting the fight, eh Trainman?

Hows your meetings with Livonia going?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3