Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My car was just broken into during the wings game. They scattered everything, jammed my old house keys into the ignition and left. This city is absolute garbage.

Since Robocop is so "trending out" right now, I would like to say, I'm not a fan of the garage parking solution, it's all too Delta City for me. We all back out of our garages and drive into the city, windows rolled up tightly in our controlled environments and park in secure garages, safe from the scum and measly street walkers. Next, we walk through sky tubes from building to building [[see Atlanta, or your nephews gerbil village) making sure to stay only within company of our own social class. Mmmmm sounds safe!

And what would happen if everyone parked in garages, and nobody parked on the street? Would the crackheads give up? Maybe they would form a union and demand that parking garage be close? [[Who cares, long as they don't touch my car.) Better yet, maybe they will use the courthouse scheme on a much larger scale. While you are at work, they will slip out to your homes, bust in and steal your crack rocks, er consumer goods.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared9903 View Post
    My car was just broken into during the wings game. They scattered everything, jammed my old house keys into the ignition and left. This city is absolute garbage.

Sorry to hear that. Where were you parked?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Paying to park is cheap insurance folks. This is Detroit, it ain't the mall. Want free parking? Go to Somerset.
    DP says: "It's your own damn fault." Lovely

We parked on the street outside of JLA, about a block away. Not being from the city, i was under the false speculation that "downtown is safe" and "parking next to many cars" is the way to go. Oh, well. They hit every car in the row.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared9903 View Post
    We parked on the street outside of JLA, about a block away. Not being from the city, i was under the false speculation that "downtown is safe" and "parking next to many cars" is the way to go. Oh, well. They hit every car in the row.
    Well, I guess "safe" and "free of petty crime" are not really the same thing. If you park your car in an area without much traffic, car or foot, it increases the odds of some bum breaking into it. This happened to me twice on Washington Blvd. in 2003/2004 when I was at Tigers games. Currently that area is much busier and break-ins don't happen much if at all. The area around the Joe is pretty desolate, so it's worth it to either pay for parking there or park somewhere on the people mover line and take that to the Joe, which is what I usually do.

Again, it sucks, sorry to hear about it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3