Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    GUSHI Guest

Driving it till it dyes, lol

Zacha341,

Ok, I get it. I too have a windshield with a big crack on a 2001 GM minivan that goes from the left side about a foot and stops at the base of the windshield. Doesn't leak....... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Umm, that's a very rough spot... that one is pretty raggedy, poorly lit and pretty dangerous corner... [[Euclid and Woodward)... Rough gas station on the corner. Drive by there and see for yourself. The one off Caniff is better.
    Yeah, I have been through that area a few times in the last few months. I just didn't remember exactly which block it was on, but I did recall seeing a coin car wash of some sort [[like tkierpiec). I stated it because the OP said they were looking for somewhere close. I wasn't really aware of its condition. Even judging from the Google image I provided the area looks a bit sketchy. While not as bad as it was probably was 30 years ago, I wouldn't walk around that area at night or leave my car in that area unattended. But isn't that the case in any area immediately surrounding downtown?

Based on the other posts I agree that the Hamtramck coin car wash[[es) would be the best choice[[s).

Quote Originally Posted by tkierpiec View Post
    I am a she but good to know I was on the right track ....
    Oops, my mistake. I'll remember that in the future.

Ah, the joy of it all... at least we don't have NO CAR NOTE! [[double negative wording intentional - smile)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteadySky View Post
    Zacha341,

Ok, I get it. I too have a windshield with a big crack on a 2001 GM minivan that goes from the left side about a foot and stops at the base of the windshield. Doesn't leak....... yet.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-27-11 at 06:18 PM.

Sadly it is far, far worse than 30 years ago! The streets north of Euclid [[Pingree, Blaine, Philadelphia etc.) have taken a really bad turn especially over by Woodrow Wilson on westward to 12th street, on up thru to Clairmount before you get into Boston Edison area. And this area is 'not' near downtown actually. It is north of West Grand Blvd. whihc is north of WSU -- not really downtown either but closer to DT than the Euclid area.
    Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Yeah, I have been through that area a few times in the last few months. I just didn't remember exactly which block it was on, but I did recall seeing a coin car wash of some sort [[like tkierpiec). I stated it because the OP said they were looking for somewhere close. I wasn't really aware of its condition. Even judging from the Google image I provided the area looks a bit sketchy. While not as bad as it was probably was 30 years ago, I wouldn't walk around that area at night or leave my car in that area unattended. But isn't that the case in any area immediately surrounding downtown?

Based on the other posts I agree that the Hamtramck coin car wash[[es) would be the best choice[[s).
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-27-11 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Sadly it is far, far worse than 30 years ago! The streets north of Euclid [[Pingree, Blaine, Philadelphia etc.) have taken a really bad turn especially over by Woodrow Wilson on westward to 12th street, on up thru to Clairmount before you get into Boston Edison area. And this area is 'not' near downtown actually. It is north of West Grand Blvd. whihc is north of WSU -- not really downtown either but closer to DT than the Euclid area.
    I meant in terms of crime and safety. And by "immediately surrounding downtown", I meant inner city Detroit.

Aesthetically I agree all of Detroit is worse than it was 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Would buying your own power/pressure washer do? Or does that damage auto paint too?
    Well...I don't think it would damage your paint if you didn't turn it on high blast. My car is an Alfa Romeo and Italian cars generally have soft paint. Also, I live downtown and have nowhere to store or use!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    Great post Huggybear! But, again, it's a little outdated. No one carries around a chamois anymore, not ever since the ShamWOW! has made it's debut on the market. It holds 10 times it's weight in liquid.
    So..I was at my parents in Plymouth and used the coin-op by there place...and I used my ShamWow...useless if you ask me. Real genuine chamois is the way to go.

Looks like I'll be going to Hamtramck for my car washes. Unless I get it done up in the burbs where I work.

Also thinking...don't you think these coin op car washes could be rather profitable? Low costs, maint., etc. I would like to know...
    Last edited by Planner3357; February-27-11 at 10:10 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2