Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Vox Guest

I doubt the pit bull story completely. He's just covering his own fuck-up.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    You'll need to search the archives here, but in a nutshell, some gal who did a little web-site work for BJ was not paid for her efforts. She joined this forum to loudly complain about getting stiffed; however, while proving her point, she served to reveal herself as a bit of a hectoring hack.

On the oringinal subject, it is rather telling that few folks feel any sympathy for BJ. Looks like he's blown it.
    Thank you Gnome.
    Now what about this ex-boyfriend thing?

I think how BJ rolls is up to him, but I will say I've heard of all sorts of kinks yet this is the first time one has been coded "snowblower".

Maybe someone has an Inuit thing.

Why the overwhelming lack of sympathy and concern for human suffering?! This man has suffered a horrible injury. I've seen D-Yessers express sympathy for other folks when bad things happen. Local leaders don't get the same consideration that other public servants do? Am I missing something here? He's not a character in a movie. He's a real human being who suffered a real injury - regardless of HOW it happened. Some of you are really heartless...his "ex-boyfriend"? A reference to a one-sided "she-said" story? Wow!

I hope and pray that the senator heals quickly and thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by mam2009 View Post
    Me too. I knew Bert Johnson back in college, and because of his behavior/ways back then and also in his political life, I don't have a great opinion of him. Still, though, I would wish him no harm.

I think that most people here don't have a lack of sympathy for him, they just got sidetracked by: A) poking holes in his story and B) the topic of snowblower safety.

Also, Trotwood, Bert Johnson is not gay -- I think Gnome was just trying to be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by mam2009 View Post
    Why the overwhelming lack of sympathy and concern for human suffering?! This man has suffered a horrible injury. I've seen D-Yessers express sympathy for other folks when bad things happen. Local leaders don't get the same consideration that other public servants do? Am I missing something here? He's not a character in a movie. He's a real human being who suffered a real injury - regardless of HOW it happened. Some of you are really heartless...his "ex-boyfriend"? A reference to a one-sided "she-said" story? Wow!

Well, the impulse to empathize with someone is diminished when that person is so obviously lying about how he came by the rather serious injury. I hope he feels better and one day tells the truth about how he hurt himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post

Also, Trotwood, Bert Johnson is not gay -- I think Gnome was just trying to be funny.
    D'Oh!Dang it!! So much for my 2011 New Year's Eve plans

Thanks Downtown Lady
    Last edited by trotwood; February-25-11 at 11:33 AM.

What's wrong w/his political life? He's been a staunch advocate of the City of Detroit and core democratic values for the past four years as State Rep., as far as I can tell. Maybe you know something I don't, but I follow our City's politics pretty darn closely!

Well you're right about her being a hectoring hack. I remember those posts. But not only was she that, she couldn't put a coherent sentence together to save her life [[or spell).

^^^ Hey Bert! How's the recovery going?

I'm not Bert. Although I have met him a couple times around the City. Like I said, I try and stay up to date on what's going on and I've only seen/read good things in Freep, DetNews and MI Citizen. Don't know him personally, though.

Anyway, it seems you're just throwing words around recklessly, so have fun!

For the record, I have no problem with alcholic closeted men who like a little snowblowing every once in a while. If they prefer that rest area on the road to Lansing, who am I to say anything? Just don't bring dogs into playtime.

That's just so wrong, even in Highland Park.

For the record, I have no problem with alcholic closeted men who like a little snowblowing every once in a while. If they prefer that rest area on the road to Lansing, who am I to say anything? Just don't bring dogs into playtime.

That's just so wrong, even in Highland Park.
    You must love petroleum jelly because you're being a real a$$hole with a post like that.

Careful with that homophobia thing, it could come back and bite you. Unless you like that kind of thing.

Careful with that homophobia thing, it could come back and bite you. Unless you like that kind of thing.
    That had nothing to do with me being fearful of gay people [[why has that word become such a cliche?) and everything to do with the portion of the anatomy that you are behaving like.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2