Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    And you agree that spewing carbon via a Viper is OK? If so, your stock just went up with me [[and I haven't mentioned the classic muscle cars that I have that make the Viper look like a Prius when it comes to CO2 emissions).
    I have always believed cars in America have some of the best anti-pollution controls on them. Most of the carbon problems stem from third world countries, where the ridged, anti-pollution devises we require are not mandatory.

As far as vintage cars, hell, I'm from Detroit, I'll take that muscle any day!!!

ccbatson Guest

There is still hope for you then.

THe issue as brought forth by Al Gore and his radical environmentalist collectivist friends is not "pollution control". You are correct that catalytic converters, fuel injection, etc largely solve that concern. However, burning fuels [[oil) that liberates CO2 is their issue [[albeit a fake one). The more fuel burned, the more CO2 generated...that is why Gore referred to the auto as mankind's worst enemy [[the VIper, and old big blocks being the worst of the worst). All of this hubbub despite the fact that passenger auto's make up less than 5% of CO2 emissions [[manmade that is)...which is not the true culprit of what is not a true prolem in the first place.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    In other words, you want to censor Micheline Maynard because you don't agree with some naughty things she wrote about the American auto industry. Is that correct?
    No, that's not correct at all. I never said she couldn't write the book OR maintain a reportorial position with the Times, but she shouldn't be doing both at the same time.

All of this hubbub despite the fact that passenger auto's make up less than 5% of CO2 emissions [[manmade that is)...which is not the true culprit of what is not a true prolem in the first place.
    I pretty much agree, most of the CO2's are a product of the factories from third world countries, who, as I stated, lack the emission controls that America mandates. Unfortunately, many of our manufacturing facilities have moved to these nations.

As far as cars, they are way down the list of major CO2 culprits, hell, lawn mowers are more of a threat than cars.

ccbatson Guest

Reportial? Is that a new word? I am not being critical, just curious.

lilpup Guest

Reportial? Is that a new word? I am not being critical, just curious.
    New to you, perhaps.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reportorial

THe issue as brought forth by Al Gore and his radical environmentalist collectivist friends is not "pollution control". You are correct that catalytic converters, fuel injection, etc largely solve that concern. However, burning fuels [[oil) that liberates CO2 is their issue [[albeit a fake one)..
    1) not fake -- of course actual science isn't "rational" or "logical" to you since it fails to follow randian dogma
    2) not radical
    3) certainly not "collectivist"

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    No, that's not correct at all. I never said she couldn't write the book OR maintain a reportorial position with the Times, but she shouldn't be doing both at the same time.
    Why not? You've claimed this is a conflict of interest. How so?

lilpup Guest

So which part of the Code of Ethics is Ms. Maynard violating?

lilpup Guest

the "Act Independently" section

the "Act Independently" section
    Nice circular logic.

Do your homework the next time you decide to toss around wild allegations without anything other than your opinion to back it up.

lilpup Guest

Not circular at all - you just have no concept of ethics.

Not circular at all - you just have no concept of ethics.
    Excuse me. I'm a licensed Professional Engineer. I know a LOT about ethics. It's my JOB to know about ethics, so you can just fuck right off.

Your "argument" goes something like this:

1. It's a conflict of interest because she violated the Code of Ethics.
    2. The violation of the Code of Ethics was that she created a conflict of interest.

No examples. No specific language. Nothing concrete. Nothing. Just pure and utter bullshit out of your ass.

F

lilpup Guest

and you seem to have a particular hotspot for Maynard - why might that be?

ccbatson Guest

Yep...new to me...interesting...Reportial, hmmm. Sounds made up, but, live and learn.

lilpup Guest

Reportorial, not Reportial

ccbatson Guest

Even better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2