Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Yeah, that's okay too.

The Intellicast map has a road conditions layer that shows an "icy" band that had been approaching Wayne County. It seems to have stalled out at the moment though. They say their data doesn't take into account plowing and salting so the map probably looks worse than the actual roads.

I lifted my windshield wipers off the windshield just in case it helps with clearing any ice.

Just got a couple of claps of thunder!!

Glad we got mostly snow rather than ice.

Took me a shovel, gentle rocking, and about 20 minutes to get down my street to where it was packed down enough to drive. I guess a plow would just make mountains of snow in front of my driveway, but still, there's gotta be a better way.

As I was visiting the best friend in Ann Arbor, I had to drive back yesterday evening in the storm. I didn't expect the storm to be as bad as it was because the weather forecasters didn't freak out like usual. When my buddy and I walked out of the undergraduate library, I could not believe all the snow that had already fallen.

It was a hell of a drive back to East Lansing. I was completely stopped on the on-ramp from downtown Ann Arbor to US-23 for a half hour. It was a treacherous drive to say the least. Ended up taking me two and a half hours to drive from Ann Arbor to East Lansing. But I will say this, the long drive back was totally worth the weekend!

because the weather forecasters didn't freak out like usual.
    There was a winter storm warning starting at 4 pm yesterday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2