Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Default Ex-Presidents, After Washington

I thought this would be an interesting topic.

What are some of the great accomplishments of presidents after leaving The White House.

I'll start with Jimmy Carter, who, after leaving Washington, has been one of the most active ex-presidents in recent years.

His labor of love with Habitat for Humanity[[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitat_for_Humanity) , is one of many accomplishments in his post-presidency, second only to his "elder statesmanship with many crisis, such as the Israeli/ Palestinian conflict:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli...inian_conflict

He "72" is a great example of the good his works.. life offeres him a great chance at helping other...Bush Senior and Clinton are doing well too...

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    He "72" is a great example of the good his works.. life offeres him a great chance at helping other...Bush Senior and Clinton are doing well too...
    Yes, Bush the Elder and Clinton have become good friends, joining in the same causes, since they left... its funny how supposed "enemies" have embraced each other in their post-Washington years.

I wonder, who are other strange bed-fellows, besides Al Sharpton and Pat Robertson?[[do you see a shadow government?)

John Quincy Adams, after a difficult and thankless presidency, went on to be elected to the House of Representatives, where he fought for civil liberties, and against slavery

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    John Quincy Adams, after a difficult and thankless presidency, went on to be elected to the House of Representatives, where he fought for civil liberties, and against slavery
    And also died on the floor, during session, of the House of Representatives.

I guess that would be the best way to go out ...fighting injustice...thanks for sharing...didn't know...really not many got invloved in outside causes...now Elenore Roosevelt [[as a first lady did; but that would be another area) did a great deal to combat racism...

ccbatson Guest

Both.

McCain lost BTW.

I have no problem with the premise of the thread. When Clinton comes under scrutiny, no "accomplishments" of this sort are apparent, so....onto examine what he has done.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Both.

McCain lost BTW.

I have no problem with the premise of the thread. When Clinton comes under scrutiny, no "accomplishments" of this sort are apparent, so....onto examine what he has done.
    Translation: I have nothing to offer this thread, but I must comment so that I may meet my daily 20 post count.

ccbatson Guest

Your translation is woefully lacking.

It means, in a nutshell, you revert to a 2 wrongs make a right ploy for McCain [[who lost, so it is an invalid premise, besides being weak reasoning). Clinton's womanizing comes from a lack of individual character, and often that follows a lack of core values [[Democrat's defined). Lastly, Clinton's accomplishments have been negative.