This was mentioned in the Paint Detroit thread, and I just had an unpleasant experience with this at my mothers house...

I went over to mom's house the other week [[after the recent heavy snowstorm) to shovel the driveway. And when I got there [[in Detroit, near Balduck Park), I saw snowmobiling tracks going across her lawn and up her driveway.

I talked to the next door neighbor who said that a snowmobile had lost control going down the street, and came within 3 feet of hitting moms house. There were tracks all over, and from what the neighbor said, a pickup truck pulled up into the [[snow filled) driveway to get the snowmobile out.

I was not happy with the situation, since all the snow was firmly packed down in the driveway... but I thought... who is snowmobiling here?? Snowmobiling doesn't sound like a pursuit for Detroiters, after all it is a very expensive hobby.

Then I find out on the other thread that suburbanites are coming to Detroit for their snowmobiiling pleasure. WTF?

As EastsideAl mentioned on another thread, suburban police would have these folks stopped in no time... but in Detroit... with law enforcement stretched thin... folks are coming into the city [[instead of out in the boonies) for one of their favorite pursuits... and getting away with it.

Have others of you in the city been annoyed by this problem?