Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Does the Temple Bar still charge a cover, I went there to enjoy a PBR and they wanted to charge me 5$ to get in.

2. Default

$1 drafts all day long at Mongolian BBQ in Royal Oak. I think that the $2 special is still on downstairs at Memphis Smoke as well. Finally, the Royal Oak Brewery is offering $2.50 pints for their new happy hour - 3-6 on weekdays.

I might run that triangle in reverse though.

Any bar in Downtown Detroit with drink specials and big tv's tonight? thinking about watching the Wings game downtown instead of in my condo.

Not beer, but at their sunday brunch Foran's has bloody marys and mimosas for [[i think) six bucks [[maybe seven?) and each one after the first is a dollar. plus they have eggs benedict that are so good last time i was there i literally licked the plate. amazing.

NANCY'S
    "WHISKEY WEDNESDAY'S"
    YOUR BARTENDER
    SEAN PATRICK MOLONEY
    $1 PBR'S
    $3 JAMESON & TULLAMORE DEW
    AND
    FREE JUKE BOX
    7PM-2AM

Nancy Whiskey Pub Inc
    www.nancywhiskeydetroit
    2644 Harrison St
    Detroit, MI 48216
    [[313) 962-4247

And I'm quite sure that from 4-7 every day all drinks are half off

Quote Originally Posted by boogiechillen View Post
    $0.75 Old Milwaukee drafts at the Temple Bar [[Cass at Temple). They're twelve oz. glasses, but sheeeit...$0.75! Needless to say, the place can be pretty seedy.
    I love the Temple Bar even more now! Check out this place. There is nothing like it.

Quote Originally Posted by detr0itkid View Post
    NANCY'S
    "WHISKEY WEDNESDAY'S"
    YOUR BARTENDER
    SEAN PATRICK MOLONEY
    $1 PBR'S
    $3 JAMESON & TULLAMORE DEW
    AND
    FREE JUKE BOX
    7PM-2AM

Nancy Whiskey Pub Inc
    www.nancywhiskeydetroit
    2644 Harrison St
    Detroit, MI 48216
    [[313) 962-4247

And I'm quite sure that from 4-7 every day all drinks are half off
    another one of my favorite places. Best bands in Detroit on Saturday.

Northern Lights has $2 Strohs and PBR bottles. Great food too. I love that place.

Speaking of Strohs, does anybody have Strohs on draft anymore? Gilbert's Lodge in SCS used to until a year or two ago.

Albert's On The Alley on Middlebelt just south of Ford Rd in Westland - domestics for $1.50 on Wednesday. Don't know if it's just for happy hour or not - was there on Wednesday after our golf league cancelled [[scared off by a little rain) from about 6:00 til 8:00 or so.

As for that post about crappy beer, one man's crap is another's gold! I personally can't stand most of the so-called 'good' beers I've ever tasted. Give me a Bud and I'm happy.

kind of a bummer on Saturday. Madison's Pub in Mt Clemens changed $1 Coors Light drafts all day to $2 coors light drafts until 9pm.

Quote: "As for that post about crappy beer, one man's crap is another's gold! I personally can't stand most of the so-called 'good' beers I've ever tasted. Give me a Bud and I'm happy."

You said it. These kids in the bar crack me up drinking their yuppy kool-aid. The Samuel Adams Strawberry pale tooty-fruity lager. Connoisseurs of fine ales lol. Give me a good domestic beer. And a good Grolsch or Carlsberg occasionally.

Sstashmoo's post made me think of the commercials for Miller High Life - the 'original' Miller bottled beer - and my beer of choice. Hate when I go out for burgers or BBQ and all they have is the high end stuff. Gimme a regualr Miller or Michelob with my beef and I'm a happy girl!

Both of the bars within walking distance of my house serve High Life.And they charge almost a dollar for a beer.A bar I used to go to alot had $1 pints Molson or Fosters. Had to get a ride home a few times with that deal.

Is the Atlas Bar in Hamtramck still open? Many dollar Black Labels were consumed.

Any new Dollar Beer deals around town? I noticed a few of them have increased to $2 and or only apply until a certain time in the evening.

I dunno I get the 60cent beers at my house every night.

reddog289

You know I was just thinking the same thing when I saw the thread. I get my cans in the 15.5 gallon variety though. I can keep it to under $1 per 12oz bottle and drink some really nice Michigan Beer.

I'd love to drink a Detroit brewed beer, but the current budget doesn't allow it. Back when Stroh's was made here, of course, it was easy, but the current situation does not allow for me to drink microbrews all the time, as much as I love Larry Bell.

So I'm reduced to the next best thing, Labatt Blue which is put into almost twelve ounce cans at a plant maybe 90 minutes from my house [[in London, Ontario). Hope that doesn't bug my fellow DYers too much; but if it does, start brewing an inexpensive beer in or near the D, and I will be happy to support.

My next keg will be Atwater Dunkel. At $118 for a half barrel [[165 12oz beers) it is pretty affordable. The investment of a kegerator is the hard part.

Microbreweries is one thing that Michigan has going for it. Lots of quality beer made right here in Michigan. I believe that there are some Hop farms starting up because of the increase demand as well.
    Last edited by bike4beer; August-26-09 at 02:34 AM.

Bearinabox Guest

Trowbridge House of Coffee in Hamtramck has $1 PBR.

Quote Originally Posted by professorscott View Post
    I'd love to drink a Detroit brewed beer, but the current budget doesn't allow it. Back when Stroh's was made here, of course, it was easy, but the current situation does not allow for me to drink microbrews all the time, as much as I love Larry Bell.

So I'm reduced to the next best thing, Labatt Blue which is put into almost twelve ounce cans at a plant maybe 90 minutes from my house [[in London, Ontario). Hope that doesn't bug my fellow DYers too much; but if it does, start brewing an inexpensive beer in or near the D, and I will be happy to support.
    Unless you're buying Labatt Blue in Windsor, you're not getting beer brewed at the London, Ontario plant. All the Labatt sold on this side of the border is brewed in USA under contract. Its not the same, completely different taste. The Blue here is still pretty decent compared to the other mass produced beers made in the USA. Whats really funny is that some bars over here that have beer specials on domestics will charge more for a Labatt, even though technically it is a domestic because its brewed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Unless you're buying Labatt Blue in Windsor, you're not getting beer brewed at the London, Ontario plant. All the Labatt sold on this side of the border is brewed in USA under contract. Its not the same, completely different taste. The Blue here is still pretty decent compared to the other mass produced beers made in the USA. Whats really funny is that some bars over here that have beer specials on domestics will charge more for a Labatt, even though technically it is a domestic because its brewed here.
    If it's all brewed here in the US, why does every bottle and can say that it's "Imported Daily From Canada" right on it?

Good question. And why even change the cans/bottles at all. I toured the brewery in London, Ontario and did not see one bottle or can that had the imported from Canada lettering, so they are not coming from there.. The recipe may be imported, but you can clearly taste the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Good question. And why even change the cans/bottles at all. I toured the brewery in London, Ontario and did not see one bottle or can that had the imported from Canada lettering, so they are not coming from there.. The recipe may be imported, but you can clearly taste the difference.
    When I'm in Canada, Blue is the beer of choice. Here it tastes much akin to dishwater.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast