Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Yeah, but Busch for sale in Canada is brewed there. Tastes mighty fine, I might add.

I little farther downriver,
    wyandotte has a couple places with dollar beers,
    Myplace on west jefferson 1 dollar PBRs sunday - friday.
    The Gold Star on vinewood dollar drafts all week long.
    Lions Tigers and Beers on west jefferson dollar draft thursdays.
    And Do-Hickeys on oak has dollar draft thursdays.
    Last edited by Rock_E_Fresh; August-27-09 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Unless you're buying Labatt Blue in Windsor, you're not getting beer brewed at the London, Ontario plant. All the Labatt sold on this side of the border is brewed in USA under contract. Its not the same, completely different taste. The Blue here is still pretty decent compared to the other mass produced beers made in the USA. Whats really funny is that some bars over here that have beer specials on domestics will charge more for a Labatt, even though technically it is a domestic because its brewed here.
    Wrong. The Labatt products here are imported from the London, Ontario, brewery. There isn't a brewery here in the states that brews Labatt Blue. Also, its a fallacy that Blue is two different beers on either side of the border. Its the EXACT same beer in different packaging [[yes, I called the brewery on this to confirm.)

The brewery wants you to think its imported. As I said, I toured the Labatt Brewery in London and did not see any of the cans or bottles with the imported packaging. Also, i asked a border agent I know who inspects trucks coming over from Canada, he has never seen the beer coming across. But really, the proof is in the taste, totally different.

Little Known Fact: Labatt was purchased by the Belgian conglomerate InterBrew [[now InBev) in 1995. At the time it was Interbrew's first international acquisition. This was before InterBrew merged with AmBev of Brazil and Anheuser-Busch of the good ol U.S. of A. Also, Labatt and Anheuser-Busch have had a long standing partnership where Labatt imports and distributes Budweiser products in Canada. In an ironic twist of fate, the US government put a stipulation on the InBev/Anheuser-Busch merger, stating Inbev must sell its US stake in Labatt. As a result the Buffalo based KPS Capital Partners [[private equity firm) purchased Labatt USA.
    The InBev deal does include the grant by Labatt Brewing Corp. Ltd. of an exclusive license to brew Labatt branded beer in the U.S. or Canada solely for sale for consumption in the U.S., to distribute, market and sell Labatt products in the U.S., and to use the relevant trademarks and intellectual property to do so. Labatt Brewing is also entering into a transitional supply agreement to brew and supply Labatt branded beer to Labatt USA for up to three years after which the purchaser will be responsible for production.
    [[reference) Meaning, although Labatt is currently produced in Canada and imported into the USA, within the next 3 years, Blue could be brewed here state side. Since the new Labatt USA company will have exclusive rights to market and brew Labatt products in the USA, there is fear in Canada that additional existing Labatt breweries will close as a result of reduced volume by not producing beer for the USA. So in the mean time, drink up your $1 Canadian made Labatt Blues while you still can!!

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    ...Also, i asked a border agent I know who inspects trucks coming over from Canada, he has never seen the beer coming across.
    Could be because it is imported by train.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Northern Lights has $2 Strohs and PBR bottles. Great food too. I love that place.
    Is this the place that used to be Leiter's Lounge years ago? Nice and dark, with cool red booths?

Default Pfeiffer

Anyone have Pfeiffer- that most delicious of locals brews on tap?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3