Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default The Dollar Beer Thread

Whether you're wallet is hurting due to the economy, you're just a good bargain hunter, or you realize getting plowed drinking 6 beers for $6 is much better than getting plowed on $6 beers, I figure it's time to compile a list of local watering holes and finer beverage dispensing establishments that have dollar beer specials [[and other ubber cheap drinks).

Here's my list for starters:

Madison's Pub [[formerly Post Bar) Mt Clemens
    $1 Coors Light drafts all day every day. 12 ounces cups
    $2 any liquor Thursdays
    50 cent Coors Light Friday

Dooley's [[Roseville\Utica)
    $1 drafts 11am-8pm daily

HockeyTown Cafe [[Detroit)
    $5 Miller high life pitchers during away wings and tigers games.

Aspen [[Macomb)
    99 cent Drafts ~ All Day Every Day Select Beers
    $ 4 Pitchers
    $ 3 Pitcher and 25 cent wings during all Pistons, Wings, Lions and Tiger Games
    Last edited by Lowell; June-11-09 at 08:38 AM.

Tuesday and Sunday nights at Small's all domestic bottles are $2.

LodgeDodger Guest

Life is too short to drink crappy beer. I'd rather drink one, good-tasting beer than to drink six crappy ones...

For some good beer.

Foran's Grand Trunk Pub has $2 pints on Tuesday from 6pm-8pm
    They also do Halfternoon on Sat. and Sun. 50c beers starting at noon going up 50c every half hour.

$0.75 Old Milwaukee drafts at the Temple Bar [[Cass at Temple). They're twelve oz. glasses, but sheeeit...$0.75! Needless to say, the place can be pretty seedy.

Whiskey in the Jar in Hamtramck has Black Label and Old Style Cans for a buck all day long. and SoHo in Ferndale has .75 drafts on Mondays

Quote Originally Posted by boogiechillen View Post
    $0.75 Old Milwaukee drafts at the Temple Bar [[Cass at Temple). They're twelve oz. glasses, but sheeeit...$0.75! Needless to say, the place can be pretty seedy.
    I love the Temple Bar even more now! Check out this place. There is nothing like it.

cheddar bob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Life is too short to drink crappy beer. I'd rather drink one, good-tasting beer than to drink six crappy ones...
    Some of us are just beer whores that will pretty much drink anything that is not named Miller or Michelob. And will even drink those two if they're free. I like good expensive beer, too. In fact I've been known to drink one good-tasting beer and then six crappy ones.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar bob View Post
    Some of us are just beer whores that will pretty much drink anything that is not named Miller or Michelob. And will even drink those two if they're free. I like good expensive beer, too. In fact I've been known to drink one good-tasting beer and then six crappy ones.
    I generally don't drink more than a couple of beers at a time. The "more for your money" mindset doesn't work for me.

WAB--Ferndale $2 pints Sunday after 9pm

Lily's Seafood--Royal Oak- $2 pints Monday nights & Saturday happy hour 11am-6pm

The Post-Ferndale Monday night $2 Ghettoblaster pints.

Temple bar [[Detroit): $.75 Draft PBRs, everynight
    LJs, $1 Jello Shots everynight
    Cass Cafe, $1 black label cans [[forget which day)

cass cafe, pabst on tuesday and black label on thursday

I miss LeMan's 411.

Two Wiedemann's for a buck, baby...

$1 PBR & well drinks at the lager house every monday.
    $2 labatt blue & $3 jameson shots on tuesdays.

$2 pbr & $3 domestics all other days.

I remember an article on Hamtramck in the old Free Press magazine described a bar where Red, White & Blue beers were three for a dollar. Can anybody beat that?

Any bar in Downtown Detroit with drink specials and big tv's tonight? thinking about watching the Wings game downtown instead of in my condo.

Not beer, but at their sunday brunch Foran's has bloody marys and mimosas for [[i think) six bucks [[maybe seven?) and each one after the first is a dollar. plus they have eggs benedict that are so good last time i was there i literally licked the plate. amazing.

NANCY'S
    "WHISKEY WEDNESDAY'S"
    YOUR BARTENDER
    SEAN PATRICK MOLONEY
    $1 PBR'S
    $3 JAMESON & TULLAMORE DEW
    AND
    FREE JUKE BOX
    7PM-2AM

Nancy Whiskey Pub Inc
    www.nancywhiskeydetroit
    2644 Harrison St
    Detroit, MI 48216
    [[313) 962-4247

And I'm quite sure that from 4-7 every day all drinks are half off

Quote Originally Posted by detr0itkid View Post
    NANCY'S
    "WHISKEY WEDNESDAY'S"
    YOUR BARTENDER
    SEAN PATRICK MOLONEY
    $1 PBR'S
    $3 JAMESON & TULLAMORE DEW
    AND
    FREE JUKE BOX
    7PM-2AM

Nancy Whiskey Pub Inc
    www.nancywhiskeydetroit
    2644 Harrison St
    Detroit, MI 48216
    [[313) 962-4247

And I'm quite sure that from 4-7 every day all drinks are half off
    another one of my favorite places. Best bands in Detroit on Saturday.

Northern Lights has $2 Strohs and PBR bottles. Great food too. I love that place.

Albert's On The Alley on Middlebelt just south of Ford Rd in Westland - domestics for $1.50 on Wednesday. Don't know if it's just for happy hour or not - was there on Wednesday after our golf league cancelled [[scared off by a little rain) from about 6:00 til 8:00 or so.

As for that post about crappy beer, one man's crap is another's gold! I personally can't stand most of the so-called 'good' beers I've ever tasted. Give me a Bud and I'm happy.

kind of a bummer on Saturday. Madison's Pub in Mt Clemens changed $1 Coors Light drafts all day to $2 coors light drafts until 9pm.

Quote: "As for that post about crappy beer, one man's crap is another's gold! I personally can't stand most of the so-called 'good' beers I've ever tasted. Give me a Bud and I'm happy."

You said it. These kids in the bar crack me up drinking their yuppy kool-aid. The Samuel Adams Strawberry pale tooty-fruity lager. Connoisseurs of fine ales lol. Give me a good domestic beer. And a good Grolsch or Carlsberg occasionally.

Sstashmoo's post made me think of the commercials for Miller High Life - the 'original' Miller bottled beer - and my beer of choice. Hate when I go out for burgers or BBQ and all they have is the high end stuff. Gimme a regualr Miller or Michelob with my beef and I'm a happy girl!

Both of the bars within walking distance of my house serve High Life.And they charge almost a dollar for a beer.A bar I used to go to alot had $1 pints Molson or Fosters. Had to get a ride home a few times with that deal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast