Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

lilpup Guest

Default A Disillusioned 99er Shares His Disappointment

gotta wonder when folks will start standing up instead of laying down...

From Mark's letter:
    To the unemployed, sick, disabled and poor:

Hello,
    I'm unemployed over two years now, a 99er without any benefits for three months. I followed Unemployed Friends almost from its start, never posted until now, but am grateful for my time with you all. I did as asked with calls and e-mails, etc. I've a confession to make to you all. I'm a criminal.
    I've obeyed the 10 commandments and all laws except: I'm unemployed and that's now a crime, I'm poor and that's a crime, I'm worthless surplus population and that's a crime, I'm a main street American Citizen born and raised in the USA and that's now a crime...
    http://www.zerohedge.com/article/dis...american-dream

If someone can prove they are looking for work, by providing a list of places they have applied to, and the government verifies it by checking with the companies that person applied to, I don't see why thier unemployment compensation should be taken away.

It is the people that do not make efforts to look for work and adjust thier lifestyles to live off unemployment as thier source of income that are the problem #1 with the system.
    Problem #2 is that most states do not require people receiving unemployment to prove they are looking for work. And those that do, do not verify the applications with the companies on the list provided by the unemployed jobseeker.

I was unemployed for 7 months in 2008. I applied with at least 20 companies a week. I checked with the companies I wanted to work with the most at least once a week to see if any openings became available. I have never been unemployed that long before in my life. I am thankful that the unemployment program, along with money I had saved during my lifetime, floated me through that difficult time.

These times are very difficult. Jobs are hard to find.
    The system needs to work for those who need it,
    and needs to hold people accountable who use it.
    If someone is actively seeking work, and can not find it, they should not be left high and dry in thier desperate hour of need by a Government who was quick to gobble up the same person's tax dollars when economic times were more prosperous.
    Last edited by Papasito; February-15-11 at 02:47 PM. Reason: blah blah blah i thought of more stuff

The US needs a small scale 'demonstration' like those in Egypt to get the point across. Until then..........

I guess his job is now in China.....

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    The US needs a small scale 'demonstration' like those in Egypt to get the point across. Until then..........
    If they put a $20 tax on a can of beer, then you'll see it.

The answer to your question, lilpup, is as soon as the media [[both the conservative MSM like CNN, ABC, NBC and CBS and the extreme right of Fox and the Goebells Radio crowd) stop shoving BS down our throats, as soon as we stop being distracted by Lindsey and Charlie, as soon as someone dares step up to those who crow about "wealth redistribution" to ask if they think any law, act, etc that has created "wealth redistribution" should be repealed, who will then ask those same folks if they include those that led to the greatest wealth distribution in history - the policies that sucked money out of the working classes into the pockets of the executive class.

Watch the related David DeGraw interview here: Papantonio: The Journalism of Appeasement.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    If they put a $20 tax on a can of beer, then you'll see it.
    Yeah, then I'd be the first to incite a riot because I'd have to sell that beer for $40 - 50. How many beers could I sell at that price?

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Yeah, then I'd be the first to incite a riot because I'd have to sell that beer for $40 - 50. How many beers could I sell at that price?
    I'd be right there with you brother.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I'd be right there with you brother.
    You know the price of that tanker truck of Heine would be out of reach.