I started a topic on here a month or two ago asking about various parts of the city, and everybody was very helpful and I got a lot of good information. I've been looking around the city on StreetView alot since then, and I have to say that at least visually, San Juan Drive between 6 Mile and 7 Mile [[particularly between Pickford and Margareta) is my favorite street that I've come across so far. I like the style of the houses, there doesn't seem to be any vacant lots, and for the most part the yards seem like they are very well taken care of.

I think what first drew my attention to the area was this house: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...270.2,,0,-1.33 [[the 4th house from Pickford on the west side of San Juan). It looks like there are 2 huge mirrors on the front of the house. Does anybody know what that's about? The house appears to be vacant, but I think it still looks good nonetheless.

I know that just because an area looks nice doesn't mean it actually is, and also that some of the StreetView images are up to 2-3 years old, so can anybody tell me how this area is holding up now? The retail area along Livernois seemed like it was doing pretty well when the StreetView pictures were taken too. I do remember hearing that last month, 2 people were shot and killed on Prairie, is that unusual for this area?

Thanks for any info anybody can provide.